Klaus

CHAPTER 33: KLAUS

The Salvatore Boarding House

Now, where were we? Right, Natalie was doing something that might be though of as incredibly stupid by... everyone, basically. As she was undaggering Elijah and getting ready to finally get the answers she's been craving for maybe a week, seeing as she hasn't known that something was going on with her for that long, she was waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Elijah didn't seem to be the person who woke up quickly.

And when he did wake up, Natalie jumped, having expected a more quiet awakening. That did not happen

"Elijah." she breathed, her eyes wide at the sad, surprised and desperate look on Elijah's face.

"Natalia." he said as loudly as he could when he was as weakened as he though, flashbacks running through his head as he remembered the same exact face a thousand years ago.

Natalie saw that he was having some episode of sorts and was quick to assure him that she wasn't someone he knew so long ago. Oh, the irony. "Elijah! It's me, Natalie, we talked about this. Natalie."

"Oh my god," he breathed, clawing at his throat as he noticed that he couldn't breathe. "I can't-I can't breathe! What's happening to me?"

He rushed towards the exit of the cellar, but he simply ran into the wall. Natalie did run towards him to help pick him up from the ground, feeling responsible for what he was going through seeing as she was the one who pulled the dagger out of him.

"I can't... I can't be in this house." Elijah shook her head desperately, looking at Natalie pleadingly.

"You're not invited in." Natalie realized, her eyes wide at the discovery that she should have understood right as he woke. Even original vampires have to be invited in.

"Then get me out of here." the original vampire commanded the brunette female, but she just stood in frozen in place. So Elijah decided to take matters into his own hands.

He ran into the wall again.

But then he was actually able to run through the door. Great job, Elijah.

Natalie's initial shock of the situation passed and she ran after Elijah, knowing that if she was going to get her answers she had to follow him. So she ran, only to meet him face to face at the door.

"What happened?" Elijah asked, a little too loud.

Natalie held a finger over her lips, signalizing that he needed to be quiet. Then she pointed upstairs before holding her fingers in front of her teeth like vampire fangs, telling him that there were vampires upstairs. Then she pointed at her ears, which said that they could hear. Then she pointed at herself before sliding her finger across her throat, telling Elijah that they would kill her. "I'll tell you, but not here. Can I trust you?" she whispered as quietly as she could.

 "Can I trust you?" Elijah retorted in a whisper, recalling the time when she daggered him.

"Probably not," Natalie shrugged sheepishly. "But take this as a sign that you might be able to." she gave him the dagger that was in his chest previously.

He accepted the dagger, which was a sign as that they could talk.

▹▹▹  

Natalie's Car

The two was driving in amazingly awkward silence in Natalie's car, neither of them knowing what to say to one another. And it might be slightly uncomfortable as Elijah was drinking blood bags she was sure Damon planted in her car for when he wanted a snack. And as they were finally out of blood bags and parked they actually started talking.