All My Children

CHAPTER 51: ALL MY CHILDREN

The Mystic Grill

As much as the Salvatore brothers hated it, Kol had taken an interest in Natalie. Well, he had long before they had, but they did not want to acknowledge that. And when they needed someone to distract Klaus and Kol at the Grill, Caroline and Natalie were the obvious choices.

So, they strutted through the hang-out, the original brothers realized they were there in an instant. The two best friends exchanged nervous looks as they had no real idea what they were doing and felt really uncomfortable with just being used as pretty-face-baits, but, they didn't really have a choice as Natalie was told that Kol was planning wrecking havoc on her town as she had to do something.

The blonde and the brunette found themselves walking up towards the bar as Klaus' familiar voice called out for them. "Caroline, Natalia!"

Caroline faked being surprised at him being there, making Natalie send him a not-too-fake bitter smile. "Oh, it's you."

"Join us for a drink?" the hybrid asked the two, Kol raising his glass with a smirk at the two. Natalie rolled her eyes, and he just guessed it was because of him breaking Matt's arm at the ball.

Caroline tilted her head as and hummed as if she was thinking about it, only to spat out a typical Caroline Forbes comment. "I'd rather die of thirst. But thanks."

Natalie leaned into Caroline's ear and whispered something so that she knew the originals would listen in. "I'm going to shoot some pool, see you later."

The blonde nodded in return, a small smile on her face before turning back to the brothers and rolling her eyes, trying not to blow the whole mission by just yelling stuff out about how crazy their whole family was, and how crazy Klaus was for thinking she would ever want to do anything with him (which would break Natalie's shipper heart).

Natalie, however, didn't even bother to acknowledge their presence and rather headed straight for the pool table. She did her best with the lack of knowledge she had on the game, even though she was mostly likely failing.

"Need some help with that?" the familiar British voice asked from behind her, she turned around to see him smirking obnoxiously.

She gave him a look of un-amusement before opening her mouth to retort. "The only thing I need help with is that there's this really annoying guy that keeps trying to hurt my friends and flirt with me at the same time. Could you deal with that?"

"I am glad I can see a few things have changed over the years, I like pretty little things with sharp tongues." he did not answer her rhetorical question, and rather just kept flirting with her.

"Well, I got just about the sharpest." she unknowingly flirted back with a challenging raise of her eyebrows. She only seemed to notice how he might have thought about her comeback a moment later, but tried to ignore it as much as possible, even though she really had a lot of things she could say to him that she wanted to ignore, like the fact that she had a silver dagger dipped in white oak ash in her pocket.

"You want to use it for something else?" he suggested, making her glare at him incredulously, not knowing how he could even think she would be okay with that after her first memory of him being a few days old.

She sighed, not even bothering to look as she threw her pool stick at someone's face. "Okay, I'm going to give you a sentence, and then I'm going to give you a word. That will be your answer. The sentence is: when Natalie will do anything with you. The word is: never."

"Oh, come on, darling. Loosen up a bit. How about a game?" he suggested, opening his arms wide in a nonchalant gesture, his eyes drifting from her to the pool table.