The Dinner Party

CHAPTER 29: THE DINNER PARTY

The Gilbert House

Natalie wasn't boring. You might say that she's the opposite of boring. Every day of her life was like a new adventure with new people and new near death experiences. And seeing as that was every day there were the times that even Natalie Saltzman wanted a break. But oddly enough, the times she wanted to help people wouldn't let her, but when she didn't want to help she was roped into some supernatural adventure. But usually the person that got her involved would know of the non-human creatures running around, but this time it was the contrary.

"I just need you to show him the Fell property lines." Jenna complained.

"Why can't you show this Elijah Smith guy around?" Natalie asked, saying the name mockingly.

"Please Natalie. You're the smartest person that I can get on such short notice." Jenna pleaded with the younger girl.

Natalie's mind ran through the possibilities. That could help her get to know the man that was planning to have her sister killed. But at the same time, he was the person planning to have her sister killed. But she knew it would help to live by one quote in the supernatural world; Know thy enemy.

"Fine." Natalie agreed sourly.

Jenna smiled gratefully at the younger female. "Thank you so much. But if you could tell me some of the things he tells you about his research that would be great seeing as Mayor Lockwood will probably want to know some of the things that he knows about her town."

"I'll report back to you, Jenna." Natalie agreed.

Jenna quickly surprised the brunette by pulling her into a hug. "Thank you." she whispered.

"Ehm, you're welcome." Natalie answered awkwardly.

  ▹▹▹  

After a while Elijah showed up on the doorstep at the Gilbert house, ready to take Jenna out to their 'field trip'. Little did he know that a very different female would be opening the door, her jacket in hand as she was about to walk out the door.

Just as he opened the door his eyes widened at the sight of her features, her hair, her eyes, basically everything about her.

She did notice that he was extremely good-looking and was amazing at wearing suits but just as he did, she didn't think of it as having a romantic interest in him, she was intrigued in a way as if she trying to recall something. But she couldn't. "Elijah, I presume."

"Natalia." he breathed in greeting, the corners of his lips tugging up in surprising happiness.

"Natalie." she corrected with a frown.

Elijah's eyes quickly widened at the girl's statement. "My mistake, I must have been misinformed."

"You must have." Natalie agreed sourly.

"And where might Jenna be?" Elijah asked, smootheing the fabric of his suit after the embarrasing awkward he had with the brunette.

"I don't know. All I know is she begged me to take over and why would I have anything better to do then hang out with the guy who's planning to kill my sister." Natalie quipped.

"I suppose you don't want to talk about research?" Elijah assumed as he looked closely at the shorter female.

"I have to. Jenna needs the information to give to Mrs. Lockwood. So I do need it." Natalie responded.

"Shall we get going?" Elijah asked politely as he held out his arm for her to take as the 1000-year-old man he is.

Natalie's only response was an eyeroll as she walked past him.