The Murder of One

CHAPTER 54: THE MURDER OF ONE

The Mikaelson Mansion

At first, she didn't want to admit that she did what she'd done, not even to herself. So when she woke up that morning, her face facing the handsome one of Kol Mikaelson, her eyes widened as if she didn't know what she'd done. Her mind finally caught up with her actions as she flashed back to her grabbing his cheeks and pulling him towards her, causing a very pleasant night to follow.

But she hadn't thought about the consequences. What everyone would think or do when they found out about her indiscretion. Alaric, Elena, Damon, Caroline, Bonnie. Stefan. She wanted to keep it hidden, even if Kol was to brag about it to half the town, she wanted to be able to lie and say it never happened.

It wasn't that she regretted it per se, but she wasn't very pleased with her decisions. If she'd waited, gotten to build up something better with Kol, sure. Then she wouldn't give a crap about what anyone said, but she hadn't even known him in this lifetime so long. All she knew is that they were good friends and he was crushing on her. But that was a thousand years ago, and Natalie only remembered one thing that happened a thousand years ago and he wasn't even there.

The ones least likely to judge her was probably Caroline and Damon. Damon being the one with no room to judge who you sleep with (he was pretty much a master at sleeping with people he either shouldn't or barely knew, Rebekah fitting perfectly in both those categories), and then there was Caroline who had her fair share of experience with an original going after you and kinda melting inside because of it. But then again, you never knew. They could decide to yell at her and cut her out entirely and she didn't want that, the two being her best friends.

But with the guilt weighing her down, she started pulling herself up from the bed slowly, finding her clothes on the floor. She started pulling on her underwear, pants and had her shirt in her hands as a groan was heard from the bed. She turned her head with wide eyes in surprise, not expecting him to be up already. She fumbled with her shirt before accidentally dropping it on the ground.

She bent down to pick it up, cursing under her breath at her clumsiness as she tried to find the right side of the shirt so she didn't have it upside down or inside out as she put it on. 

"I didn't peg you for a hit and run." Kol commented casually, pushing himself into a sitting position on the bed, the covers still covering the lower part of his body.

She rolled her eyes, forcing herself to look at him as a cocky smirk was on his lips as usual, looking at her barely covered upper body. She rolled her eyes once more, pulling the shirt on harshly, even if it clearly looked disheveled. "I'm not running. I'm simply walking. Away. Goodbye."

Natalie turned around, facing the door as she took a step closer to exiting before he spoke up, making her stop, although not facing him. "You don't want Nik or Bekah catching you walking out of my room, do you? What a scandal! They'd think you're a strumpet!"

She chuckled bitterly before turning to face him once again, her lips puckered together in annoyance at his teasing. They just slept together and he found the need to tease her about it the morning after? Dick move. "I don't care what they think about me. What I do care about is what my friends think of me, and they're all gonna hate me if they find out what I've done."

Kol rolled his eyes, starting to pull his pants up before walking over to stand in front of her, still shirtless. "It's because of him, isn't it? The Salvatore brother?"

Natalie averted his eyes, staring at the ground, knowing that if she met hit eyes she'd probably just burst out this whole rambling rant that she could easily throw out. "I- I don't know what you're talking about."