By the Light of the Moon

CHAPTER 25: BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

Underneath Fell's Church

To be honest, Natalie forgot about her anger with Stefan the moment she saw him in that tomb. She knew all her worry should be with Elena, the one immediate danger, but her mind kept wandering out to Stefan. Maybe because she didn't want him around the psycho bitch that was Katherine Pierce/Katerina Petrova. But she wasn't really sure. So, her first thought was to find a way to keep Elena occupied, and then she remember Bonnie the witch and got her to do a spell to keep Elena inside of the Gilbert house and Damon was all for it. Stefan on the other hand...

"You trapped her inside the house?" he asked, his eyes widened in shock.

"Trust me, it's for the best. She's going out of her way to get herself killed," Natalie argued, before pulling a bottle of animal blood out of her bag. "This is for you, courtesy of Damon. But it has some other stuff too. Like candles and lanterns."

"Give that to me and I'm just gonna have to share it with her." Stefan dismissed it.

Natalie looked over to where Katherine was creeping in on their conversation.

"Yeah, I'm not feeding the bitch." Natalie shook her head putting the blood back in the bag.

"You two are surprisingly calm, considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you if you mess with his little plan." Katherine said, desperately trying to inspire fright in the two.

"I've been dead before. I got over it." Natalie retorted, reffering to the time Damon killed her. She then looked over to Stefan. "I'm trying to find a way to get you out."

Stefan shook his head at the brunette. "Don't worry about me. Just make sure Elena's safe."

"Not happening. The reason why I locked her up in the house was so I could focus on getting you out." Natalie said sternly.

"Natalie, I need her to be safe. Promise me that you'll focus on her." Stefan pleaded.

Natalie was about to answer, her mouth open, being ready to decline.

"Please."

Natalie closed her eyes in annoyance before hesiating for a moment. "Fine, I promise."

▹▹▹

Mystic Grill

As soon as she was done she got a text from Damon saying:

Get your ass to the grill.

Usually she would have just ignored him, but she couldn't walk around babysitting Elena whilst she knew that Stefan was trapped somewhere and no one wanted to do anything about it.

And that's how she ended up With Alaric and Damon, staring at a werewolf at the bar.

"Mmm, Mason's mystery woman." Damon hummed, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Where is Mason anyway?" Alaric asked the vampire.

"Probably decomposing somewhere that shouldn't have something decomposing there." Natalie guessed, turning to Damon only to see him nodding in agreement.

Alaric shook his head at his daughter. "So you think she is a werewolf?"

"Well I hope not, being that it's a full moon, Ric, but we should definitely find out." Damon responded his gaze glued to the woman sitting by the bar. He proceeded to pull out a small plant from his Pocket.

"Is that what I think it is?" Natalie asked, raising her eyebrows.

Damon smirked at her, giving her the only answer she needed.