Rose

CHAPTER 22: ROSE

Mystic Falls High School

You could say that Natalie Saltzman wasn't really the most positive person. In fact, she was one of the most pessimistic person you'd even meet. But that was mostly because she hated everything. Well, she didn't hate everything, she just hated a lot of things, and when she hated something she hated it. Just like when she loved something she really loved it. Basically she felt things strongly, but love and hate were one of those things. Love was something that kept her going in her darkest times, and when the thing that was causing those dark times was threatening someone she loved then they were already six feet under. And those people would fall under the list of things she hates. It was a long list. There were three things on top of that list: when the writers turn her favorite show to crap, Stefan and Elena's relationship (although she'd never admit it) and school. One day all af those things were combined. Her favorite TV show just aired a crappy new episode the night before, she didn't find Elena in her bed so it was kind of obvious that Stelena was back together and then she had to go to school. And her first thought was shaming Stefan (subtly) for getting back with Elena.

"Hey, Natalie." he smiled as the brunette walked up to his locker.

"Stefan could you please tell Elena that if she's going to be sleeping around With her boyfriend or ex-boyfriend, I don't even know, then it would be great if she'd tell me so I'd be able to cover for her With Jenna." Natalie said, ignoring his friendly greeting.

Stefan frowned in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"You and Elena. I mean, if she's going to sleep over it would be Nice to know. Sorry to if I'm being mean, because I am happy that you guys are back together." Natalie lied through her teeth.

"Wait, wait... hold on a minute. We're not back together." Stefan responded.

Natalie tried to ignore the immense happiness that appeared when she heard that statement and decided to focus on her worry for her sister. "Wait... she didn't stay at your place last night?"

"No, I mean I saw her at the party but that was it. She didn't sleep over." Stefan shrugged worriedly.

"'Cause her bed hadn't been slept in and Mrs. Lockwood said that her car was still in the driveway," Natalie explained "Where is she then?"

▹▹▹

Soon the message of Elena being missing reached out to Bonnie, Jeremy and Damon so the first two and Natalie were in Alaric's classroom whilst Stefan putting the weapons that Natalie gave him in the back of his car, and no one knew where Damon was.

"How does this is work?" Jeremy asked the witch, obviously worried for his sister.

"I'll use Natalie's blood to draw energy for the tracking spell. She's Elena's closest blood relation; it'll make the connection stronger." Bonnie explained, Natalie nodding at the words.

Then Stefan arrived, after finishing up his conversation with Alaric about borrowing the classroom. "Alright, Alaric said we've got to clear out of here within ten minutes. I've got weapons, Natalie stocked me up."

Bonnie nodded at him before her gaze turned to Natalie. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah." Natalie nodded as she held her and over the map that was on the table, then Bonnie grabbed a knife and sliced it.

Bonnie quickly did the spell, Natalie's blood moving over to a point on the map that was seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

"There. She's there." Bonnie said confidently.