Daddy Issues

CHAPTER 27: DADDY ISSUES

The Gilbert House

As soon as Natalie decided that she couldn't bear to look at John's face anymore she walked off to the room that Elena, Jeremy and Jenna decided that she could have for when she slept over (which was incredibly much) then Stefan told Elena all about John and his Return. To say she was displeased was a huge understatement. And to say that Natalie wanted to punch him was also an understatement. She really wanted to punch him. And she was extremely annoyed by seeing him in the Kitchen the next morning.

"Morning." he greeted her cheerfully as she walked into the kitchen, Elena following.

"What are you doing here?" Elena went straight to the point.

John ignored his eldest daughters remark and held a cup of coffee out to them both. "Coffee."

"If you think we're still ignoring the problem that is... well, you, then you're wrong." Natalie raised an eyebrow at him angrily.

"Why are you here?" Elena asked once again.

"I'm here to protect you. Both of you." John said, his facade fading.

"Why do I need protecting? I'm not Klaus's target." Natalie asked her biological father.

"Even if you're not his target, Elena is. And who is better to og after to make her follow his commands then her twin sister." John explained. "That's all I can say for the moment."

Elena's eyes widened at his last statement. "What do you mean that's all you can say?"

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust you."

And as that was said, they heard giggles of a couple who ran into the kitchen lovingly.

"Gross." Natalie muttered.

"Oh God, I'm late." Jenna complained to Alaric.

Alaric chuckled as he looked at his girlfriend lovingly. "That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times!"

And then Jenna turned around to face her niece and kind-of-niece. And also seeing John there who was standing by them. "What the hell?"

"Good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric..." John greeted with a smirk.

"It's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever." Jenna spat, a loathesome glare gracing her expression.

"Well, I got in late last night. Natalie let me in." John shrugged.

Alaric looked at his daughter's biological father awkwardly. "You know, I'm uh, probably just gonna take off."

Natalie's eyes widened at his words. "Take me with you! Please!" she called out desperately, getting no response. "What kind of father are you?!" she yelled after him, ignoring the wincing that suddenly appeared on John's face after hearing her calling another man her father.

"I'm still confused here." Jenna reminded them, having seen John's wince, and his return.

"I decided to come back and stay for a while." John said, ignoring the question that Jenna was really asking.

Jenna looked amused for a moment before realizing that he was, in fact, completely serious. "Not here, you're not."

"Actually, you can't stop me from living here." John said.

Natalie's eyes widened in realization of what he was going to say. "Oh no."

"Actually I can, as legal guardian." Jenna retorted, only for Natalie to cough, Jenna rolling her eyes at the teenager's behavior. "Of Elena and Jeremy." she corrected herself.