The Killer

CHAPTER 63: THE KILLER

The Gilbert House

Out of all the people in the world, Natalie had to say that one of the most annoying ones was Klaus Mikaelson. After she convinced Stefan that she just had a little breakdown and it wasn't that much of a big deal (even if she suspected that he didn't quite believe her), he left her to sleep. But Klaus happened to be the person that would stop her from sleeping.

She was currently sitting, still in her pajamas on her bed as she had to talk to him over the phone, and he was in Italy so, he was paying the expenses for that very expensive conversation. "How did Connor escape?"

He responded, and he sounded like he walking somewhere, probably to consult his sword digging minions. "I'd blame my numbing incompetence, but pointing fingers isn't going to help me, you're going to help me."

"He could be anywhere by now." she rolled her eyes at him thinking she would be able to magically track him down somehow. Because, newsflash, she was neither a witch who could do locator spells nor a vampire with heightened senses.

"Think, Natalia. He took the hybrid's head which means he wants werewolf toxin." he reminded her of when she got told that Connor had gone into Tyler's hospital room and taken his venom right out of his fangs, which was really weird.

"So, he'd going to stay in Mystic Falls to kill the vampires here, at least." she sighed, not really telling him about the fact that he was talking about her being the person that awakened some weirdo or something and that she could see his weird, disappearing tattoo.

"Which is a pity, as I'm half the world away digging up a dead hunter, you'll have no access to my blood and therefore, the antidote. Nevertheless, his tattoo is our only map to the cure, so your task is quite simple; find him, catch him, and above all, keep him alive. He's no good to us dead."

"Well, that might not work out seeing as Damon has been out looking for him as often as he can. And, as we all know, he's not the best at the not-killing part of life." the huntress informed him, her eyes closing for a moment as she relaxed, but then bursted open as she remembered that she couldn't fall asleep.

"You'll need to keep Damon in check." was the only answer she got to the problem that he was potentially causing. That just helped her a great deal because she could just tell him that he needed to be in check and he'd be in check. Easy as that, right? Wrong.

She shook his head at his awful way to give advice, and she kinda wished he was there so she could throw and arrow at him. "How am I gonna do that? The only way I might be able to is if you'll either me or Stefan tell him the truth."

"You trust Damon with the cure? I imagine he prefers Elena the way she is." he retorted, trying to act as if Natalie simply wanted her sister to be human again and that was the only reason she was helping them get the cure.

"I don't want the cure so that I'll get the human Elena back. I want the cure so that everyone who does gets her back, and weirdly enough, she's one of them so I'm doing it for her. And, you know what? I trust that Damon would do anything for her to be alive and happy and even if that wasn't the case, I'd still trust him with my life, so don't try anything."

He was clearly not amused as he let out an angry groan for a moment as he really wanted the cure so Elena would be human and he could make his hybrid master race once again. "And I trust no one. Which is why my sister is lying daggered in a box. The more who find out about the cure, the more who will go after it. Nations have gone to war over less. You mark my words, tell one soul and I will throw the hunter's sword in the Mediterranean and we can end this quest right now. Am I understood?"