The Reckoning

CHAPTER 41: THE RECKONING

Some Truck

Klaus quickly left after he decided to just announce to Natalie that they were in the town her surprisingly alive sister was hidden from him. All in all, Natalie was desperate to get out of there.

And just as Stefan's broken neck healed, Rebekah snapped it once again. "And oops, I snapped your again."

Natalie rolled her eyes as Rebekah was having way too much fun with taking her anger out on Stefan, which Natalie thought gave her a perfect opportunity to run away, so after taking one silent step after another, only to have her arm caught.

"Did you seriously think I was going to let you just wander off?" Rebekah asked, tightening her grip on the shorter girl's wrist as Natalie started struggling. 

"One could hope." Natalie sighed, using her same tactic as back in Chicago and used the hand Rebekah didn't have a tight hold on to grab a knife in one of the two pockets she had under her shirt. In one swift movement, the huntress shoved the knife into Rebekah's stomach, the original reacting by doubling over as Natalie had a habit of lacing her weapons with vervain. And then she pulled the knife out, and slashed Rebekah's throat, making sure she was out for a while.

Natalie was going to save her sister. No matter what.

▹▹▹

Mystic Falls High School

To say that Natalie was running faster than she ever had before was the most correct term for the situation. Of course, Elena had a knack for getting herself in trouble but there wasn't a time when Natalie was certain that if she got there quick enough she might get to warn her sister about her impending doom (or, that was basically everyone's guess about what Klaus would do to the doppelganger).

And Natalie knew it was senior prank night, since tomorrow was the first day of school, something Caroline drilled into her mind all summer, telling her that it was that day in so-so many weeks that they wouldn't have time to have all their summer fun anymore. The summer fun would end quicker than expected but that wasn't really either of their faults.

And as soon as she was at the school, she started scouring the halls for the familiar brunette and her not-too-original features. It took her a total of five minutes to check most of the halls and she still hadn't found her sister, but she thought Klaus most likely haven't found her yet since he wouldn't know about senior prank night as he was a very different kind of senior.

But it was very likely that she was in the gym, knowing that it was a lot of space and perfect for pranking, but when she got there, she still haven't spotted her sister. But there were many other soon-to-be seniors that she recognized without knowing most their names and never having had a single conversation with 99% of them.

And she was just about to run again when she heard a familiar voice with talking with an accent she wasn't used to.

"Attention, seniors. You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home." the normally British hybrid said with an American accent, which made Natalie having to think about why it was familiar before she actually turned to see Klaus dragging her twin sister with him.

"Natalie!" Elena exclaimed in shock, being really happy that her sister was unharmed.

Klaus turned around to face the youngest brunette with a smirk. "Hello, love."

"Goddammit!" Natalie groaned loudly before turning to Elena. "Couldn't you keep yourself out of danger for five minutes? Five freaking minutes!"