Smells Like Teen Spirit

CHAPTER 42: SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT

A/N: YES, I'M BACK. And no, I'm not done editing, I just have no inspiration for it so I'm hoping that after writing a few season 3 Statalie scenes I'll feel more like writing the very different fetus Statalie scenes. Although, at the moment they could be kinda close... oops. But in case you don't remember a thing from the break, I got a recap.

So, Natalie is a hunter and Elena's twin sister separated at birth, she's Caroline's best friend and super duper awesome. She's Alaric's adoptive/step-daughter and also Damon's best friend. And Bonnie's third best friend. Basically, everyone but Katherine loves Natalie. After hating vampires, she somehow fell for her sister's vampire boyfriend and was trying to suppress it, but made the good choice to make out with him before he left town. Speaking of Stefan leaving town, it was Klaus who took him with him and Natalie happens to be the reincarnation his old, old, old, old, old, old, old, old friend (plus a few olds). She left town with Klausy and Steffy for like, two days, before she came back where Stefan turned his emotions off and was going to attack Elena, but then Natalie somehow found it a good idea to jump in front of her, so Stefan bit her. Now she's bitter. And that's what you missed on... GLEE.

The Woods

After the senior prank night went wrong and both Elena and Natalie got bit by the one person they were both in love it they were pretty scared of what a 1000 year old hybrid who knew Natalie back then, because she was a reincarnation, would do (although Elena didn't know that). Normal sister stuff, right?

More normal sister stuff coming up as Elena was definitely more frightened than Natalie as she had no idea how to protect herself. So she ran over to her twin so she could finally start learning some self-defense, trying to suppress the urge to question Natalie about the whole "your love for these two girls" thing that Klaus was saying about Stefan.

And that led us to Natalie and Elena being in the woods as Natalie was trying to teach her sister to use a stake dispenser. 

"So the pressure of your punch ejects the stakes." Natalie simply explained before handing the stake dispenser over to the minutes older brunette.

"Easy enough." Elena shrugged, pulling her arm back to punch the mannequin that Natalie brought with them so she had a more sensible target than Natalie herself, which Natalie didn't approve of. At all. But Elena didn't manage to get the stakes to eject, as they were still pretty comfortable in the stake dispenser. "That's weird." Common sense told her to try again, in case it was just a one time failure. It wasn't a one time failure. "Must be jammed or something."

Natalie frowned, although not dismissing the idea as she didn't try it out before giving it to Elena. "Here, let me try." and she put on her wrist before punching the mannequin in a swift move, ejecting the stakes. "Works just fine. You're just not strong enough."

Elena glared slightly at the shorter brunette, finding her words unfair as not everyone could be badass huntresses. "Thanks for not sugar-coating it." she countered sarcastically.

Natalie rolled her eyes at Elena's reaction, as Elena should know that Natalie meant no harm with that one sentence, but one sentence can do a lot, as a pen in mightier than a sword. But a sword kills easier. "You know I didn't mean it like that. We just need to exercise. You just want to protect yourself, the same as what everyone wants. But not everyone can. So, it's up to one of the people who can to protect those who cannot protect themselves. I think you can become one of those if you try, as you are officially the strongest person that I know. Just not physically. Not yet. Or ever, as I do take the cake." she added in a little thing to boost herself up. Just tiny bit.