We'll Always Have Bourbon Street

CHAPTER 66: WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE BOURBON STREET

Mystic Falls High School

Elena had sent Natalie a text that explained that everything was quite alright with her and pretty much just asked how it was living in what seemed to have been turned into some weird gaming fraternity. She also told her that Stefan left her and Damon alone for the night, which caused Natalie to have some worries, but she was going to try not to think about her second best friend and her only sister in any compromising positions unless she was going to puke.

She was currently chatting with her female friends, Bonnie and Caroline at their lockers as they had the pleasure to have lockers next to one another. But then the last part of the girl group joined in, and Bonnie was as caring as usual and simply spoke up about her concern for the doppelganger. "Elena, hey. Is everything okay?"

Elena smiled at her weirdly, not seeing any reason for her not to be as she fumbled with her bag. "Yeah. Why wouldn't it be?"

The witch looked at her sadly as she knew she probably had some difficulty with not living with her only family, also known as Jeremy and Natalie, anymore."Well, Nat told me you had to move out to stay away from Jeremy."

"He's okay." Elena shrugged, avoiding the question about how she was because she felt pretty dazed at the moment, her mind just being occupied with thoughts of one specific vampire.

"Yeah, he's got Team Mattalie! We're pretty awesome. But I basically live in a fraternity house right now. Couldn't even sleep because of them just playing some game all night." Natalie sighed as she pulled some of her hair out of her face and looked at the girls again.

Caroline then turned back to the elder twin who had not yet answered her question. "But are you okay, Elena? I mean, clearly, they don't have a flat iron at hotel Salvatore." she giggled as she gestured to Elena's usually very straight hair being put up in a bun. 

"Oh- I was in a rush. I mean- look, do you girls have any plans tonight? I'm in desperate need of some girl talk." the brunette looked at the girls hopefully as she smiled at them, pulling her hair out of her bun, allowing them to flow down on her shoulder.

"Sure, I'd love a distraction." Natalie smiled, and she didn't expect to see so many worried looks because of those simple words. She wasn't looking to dump her issues on them, they all seemed to have enough on their own.

Bonnie put a hand on her shoulder worriedly, deciding that maybe she could try to return the support she got when she was given the adorable bear that was named Mr. Cuddles. "You're not still hearing the voices, are you?"

Natalie sighed as she looked down for a moment, contemplating whether or not to lie to them, but she knew that they, especially Caroline, would be able to see through it and confront her and be all Caroline-ish. "Kind of. But I don't hear them tell me new things to make me feel guilty, though. It's that I remember what they say sometimes and it runs through my head when I don't have anything to do and it just places a little weight on my shoulders sometimes. But I'll be fine, I always am."

Bonnie wrapped her arm around the taller girl's shoulders as she heard the discomfort she got from talking about it. It was still hurting her and the last thing they wanted was for her to have a breakdown in the hallway. "I'm in. Shane taught me some small spells I've been wanting to try."

Caroline pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes at her shorter friend, finding something weird with what she was saying. "Oh, creepy professor guy is just Shane now."

"He's not creepy." the Bennett witch shook her head, looking at her friend with an incredulous look, not understanding how someone she saw as a person that had kept helping her through something difficult could simply be described as creepy by her.