Chapter 12

After the events of that morning, all members of the Quinx squad - except for Saiko. Apparently she had a bad tummy ache because she ate to many strawberry flavored pocky sticks... all left the house at 6:30am.

Rima almost couldn't contain the excitement to finally be able to have a job. To finally be able to feel like a normal young adult... Though the job she has, she doesn't particularly like so much...

But the young girl has no choice. Rima was a half ghoul. There was no way anyone would hire her. She wasn't like Touka or anyone at re cafe. She can't control her hunger as well as a regular ghoul could.

And I know what you think. Why doesn't Rima join Re cafe and work there? Well...

The CCG knows who she is, and knows that she doesn't have the ability to eat human food anymore. And while they still think that the small cafe is run by humans, there was no way they would just let her run nilly-willy around Japan, working at a human cafe with that in mind.

So really, the only job Rima's could have is one working for the CCG... And even though it was sort of by force,  she would make the most out of it as she could. Or at least try to-

Rima's thoughts were cut off by Mutsuki when she, Mutsuki, Urie and Sasaki all piled into Sasaki's car - Shirazu taking his new motorcycle that he had gotten for Christmas to work.

"Hey, Rima-chan. Didn't you want to call Hiromi-san today to see if he wanted to go to work together with us?"Mutsuki asked, sliding in the backseat with Rima, Urie taking the passenger seat and Sasaki in the drivers.

Rima gasped lightly, bringing a hand to her cheek in shock, "Oh no! I almost forgot! Thanks for reminding me Mutsuki-kun!"

Quickly fumbling through her pockets, Rima grabbed her cellphone and quickly dialed Choutaru's number, hoping the young man wasn't still sleep.

Choutaru had a habit of oversleeping. Something Rima found out the hard way.

Rima waited patiently and also alittle anxious as she waited for her friend to pick up the phone, and after five rings, right before Rima was going to hang up an try again, she heard the line pick up.

"... What?..."

Rima chuckled lightly, glancing at the building that passed by as Sasaki drove along the road,"Did I wake you? You know you're supposed to be leaving now for work?"

There was some slight tussling on the other side of the line before Choutaru was heard again.

"Really?"Choutaru mumbled, his voice low and husky from just waking up,"... I think I forgot to plug in my alarm clock when I got home..."

Rima huffed,"Chouta-kun! We're not in the academy anymore! You can't be late to work like you were to classes!"Rima said in a stern tone. Like a mother lecturing her son.

Choutaru sighed,"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, I know. Like I said, I just forgot to plug in my alarm clock. Geez... don't give yourself a migrane okay?.."

Rima smiled apologectically even though she knew Choutaru couldn't see it,"Sorry. I just don't want you to get in trouble, is all."

Choutaru let out a long breath,"No it's fine. If it wasn't for you calling, I probably would still be sleeping and would have slept all day... Thanks Rima..."

Choutaru's words made Rima smile to herself

You would think, with the way Choutaru looks, he would be stone cold, and absolutely unsociable. Though that it true, if you would just sat down an actually talked with him, like really tried to talk with him, not just try to talk with him, get shot down and never try again, but really, really talk with him, you would see underneath all that cold and laziness... Is the most loyalist friend you could ever have.