••Chapter 42••

"... a-and when I-I tried to get her t-to stop... ... Hizake-San... s-she just kept at-attacking me! If it wasn't f-for those investigators-s who... s-showed up... I would be dead right n-now..."

Akira's hands trembled so bad that she had to cross her arms and dig her finger nails into her sides just to keep them steady.

It was a few days since the incident with Sasaki in the hallway outside of Rima's interrogation room, and Akira was currently sitting in the directors office along with Arima, a doctor, an investigator from the informations department, and the only other person who knows what truly happened that night.

"So what you're saying Gozure-san... is that you made multiple attempts to get Hizake Rima away from you?"The director questioned.

The raven haired woman nodded her head,"I even had-had to use my quinque against h-her..."

Gozure Kanae was sitting in a wheelchair, a hospital gown and blanket over her. Underneath and wrapped around her torso you would find layers and layers of bandages that covered her open wound on her side. She also had dark circle under her eyes and it looked like she hadn't slept in awhile.

Akira kept her emotions blank as he stared at the woman, a sick feeling coming to her stomach. Kanae's tears looked all to fake to Akira. The way she held herself... the way her voice cracked but didn't sound emotional... it was all just too fake.

"Hmm..."The director hummed as he looked away from Kanae.

"This is ridiculous."Akira mumbled to herself, but because Arima sat so close to her, she noticed his eyes shift over to her.

"You feel it too?"

"It makes me sick to my stomach."

Arima nodded as he glanced back at Kanae for a moment as she started blubbering out more none sense.

"It's like their completely disregarding Rima's statements."She added in a whisper.

Arima nodded,"But you have to understand. Many were skeptical of the QuinX Project when it was first introduced. The though of human people with ghoul like abilities walking around... it was unheard of... and it scared people,"Arima explained the same thing she already knows in a hushed tone,"... So it would only be correct for them to immediately assume the worst..."

"But this is far past assuming... it's like they want Rima gone."

Arima said nothing in reply, letting Akira have time to catch up on the conversation before them.

"... So I guess that will be all Gozure-San. Thank you for coming all this way to give us your statement in person."The director said as he stood to his feet.

Kanae smiled weakly,"Thank you sir."She said as she held a pale hand out, which the director shook,"Just... if I may ask..."

"Yes?"

"Where is Hizake Rima now?"

There was a air of hesitation that hung around that question, it so thick that it had Akira holding her breath, her throat closing up.

"Hizake Rima is now in high priority lock down in the CCG's highest security prison. She can not harm you from there."The informations investigator spoke, his eyes glued to his computer and his fingers taping furiously as the keys.

Kanae's eyes widened,"She's in prison?"She questioned, a surprised tone taking over.

Arima tilted his head to the side,"Do you think we would let her walk around freely?"He replied, earning him a swift elbow to the side by Akira.