••Chapter 52••

••• I apologize now for such a long wait. Things were extremely busy at my work with Christmas and New Years and such. That's why I haven't been able to update. But here you guys go! I hope you like and enjoy it!!!•••

Morari could instantly sense the power that Rima was emanating was not something to be messed with. It just reeked of terror and blood. It just crawled up around you and closed in, drowning you in its wave of death.

But there's something else...

Morari couldn't place it as he looked to Rima. He took careful notice of how she held herself. How Rima hunched her shoulders down, wrinkled her forehead as she looked at him, hands curled into loose fists... It contrasted greatly with the way her Rinkkaku slithered around her, like a snake sizing up its prey. They way the sharpened ends slowly shifted from Kika, Hojun, to the tattooed man, before resting on himself. The kagune was ready to kill. She wasn't.

Morari slid his eyes from the end of Rima's kagune, up to her eyes, locking onto them. His mind was going blank as he tried to pin-point the polar opposites. It doesn't feel the same...

Rima nervously shifted her eyes between the men, her body feeling the need to tense up in anticipation, but also wanting to relax to show them that she meant no harm.

Why aren't they saying anything? It's been almost two whole minutes?

Rima was starting to have doubts. Maybe they didn't care at all that she was a half ghoul like them, someone who could connect and who had felt the pain they went through. Is still feeling the pain.

They would be able to help each other...

"It doesn't matter,.."

Everyone's eyes went to Hojun, who was looking down. Kika looked at Hojun weirdly,"What are you talking about?"

Hojun shook his head sharply,"It... I-it could all be a plan- a trap to get us to trust them. She's a traitor! She still is with them!"Hojun suddenly exclaimed, shoving his arm up, pointing at Rima, who jerked back in shock.

Morar shook his head,"I already told you, she's not-"

"I don't care what you said pip squeak! She could just be trying to guilt us into letting her follow us somewhere, and then get us ambushed an killed by them!"Hojun interrupted.

"Hojun I don't think it's like that.."

Hojun whipped around to Kika who jumped back a bit,"Do you believe her!? That little bastard!? So you want to stay with her and then get killed because you were too stupid to see through her lies!?"

Rima raised both of her hands up in a defenseless manner,"What? I would never. I ran away from Aogiri tree to-"

"Don't say that name!"Hojun roared, his voice breaking a bit. He whirled around to face Rima, looking like he was breathing fire."I won't let you take us back to that hell! I'll kill you before I let that happen!"

He was absolutely seething, there was no doubt about that.

"Hojun!"Both Morari an Kika exclaimed.

He's crazy! Rima screamed inside as she watched Hojun's Bikakku start to uncurl from around his leg, tiny, very tiny spikes starting to form all over the surface.

"Hojun. Calm down."The tattooed man ordered in a low but strong tone, his eyes on the long haired man.

Hojun shook his head,"You're all blinded. I'm the only one who can see it."He mumbled mostly to himself, taking a step forward."They're not going to catch us!"And before Kika could grab him, the tattooed man could block his path, and Morari could blink, Hojun sprung forward, using his Bikakku for more push off, straight towards Rima.