••Chapter 47••

Everything seemed to be going so fast that Rima could barely keep up with it anymore. It all just became a blur to her.

One second they were barreling down the street for what seemed like forever, next she heard someone say something about road crash and someone nudge her side ever so gently, and then suddenly she was thrown from the back of the speeding van, the straight jacket around her breaking loose just in time so she didn't permanently implant her face into the concrete.

"Shit!"Rima heard one of the males curse,"Stop the van now!"The added shout was accompanied by the sound of screeching tires.

"O-ow.."Rima gasped quietly as she slowly lifted herself off the ground, scraps of her restraints falling down her arms in a pile below her.

"Surround her now! Don't let her escape!"The woman ordered, her tone dead serious.

"Hizake Rima, if you make any sudden movements... we'll be forced to subdue you at any means necessary..."

Rima looked up at the sound of that voice, her legs shaking slightly as she tried to stand to her full height. It was the same man who told Watanabe to loosen the straps and also the one who was the most gentlest with her.

Remember Rima... remember what you were told...

Rima swallowed hard and closed her eyes for a moment. She knew they were watching her, Akira had told her they would be. She didn't want them to see her do what she was about to do - hell, even Rima didn't want to witness what she was about to do. It wasn't her. There wasn't a bone in her body that felt right with this.

... it was all just wrong...

But what could she do against it?...

"Subdue me?..."Rima mumbled, her eyes still closed. Remember, this is all just apart of the act. This isn't you."... Do you really think you - a human - could subdue me?"

The male just behind her snorted,"We've done it once before... we can surely do it again."It sounded like the youngest one, the one who transmitted information by his watch.

That thought made the necklace that hung around Rima's neck start to burn red hot.

Rima casually rolled her neck to the side,"That was because you caught me in the middle of my-"The words seemed to have gotten stuck in her throat then. She just couldn't get them out. Come on Rima! This isn't the time to chicken out! You have to do this! You have to do this for him!

A picture of Sasaki flashed before her and Rima's breathing hitched. Her subconscious was right. She had to do this. Staying here any longer would cause more trouble for him. Something Rima didn't want.

Sasaki was probably disgusted with her. He probably hates her very being. Rima figured that he couldn't stand to know that he was with someone like her and for him to know that she was still in the same building probably turned his stomach.

She had to leave. For him.

"That's right... you guys interrupted my meal time..."Rima picked up smoothly. She focused her attention on her right eye, feeling a surge of power swirl around it,"That wasn't very nice..."

"Guys get ready,"Rima heard the woman whisper.

Rima hated every moment of this, and had to constantly remind herself that it wasn't really her, that this was all just an act.

But is it really?...

Rima shivered as she felt cold fingertips ghost across her eyelids. Rize...

"Hizake Rima... we're giving you one last chance... if you do not surrender willingly, we will have no choice but to use force..."

Rima let an uncharacteristic chuckle out, opening her eyes up slowly. The nice man infront didn't even flinch when he connected eyes with her kagune...