••Chapter 46••

"You really don't have to do this Sasaki... don't force yourself..."

"I'm not Akira-San... I think I need to do this... at least see that everything goes alright..."

Akira smiled softly and rested a hand on his shoulder,"Just know that you can leave at anytime, I won't stop you."

Sasaki nodded his head,"I wouldn't expect anything less."

Nodding her head both in understanding and in a motion for Sasaki to follow, the blonde investigator began walking down a long hallway, in which both sides were lined with thick metal doors spaced ten feet apart.

Sasaki and Akira were currently in the department of the CCG that housed the intelligence teams, or so you could say. Here, Akira could monitor every aspect of the mission that she need. Some of the investigators had turned a unused room into a sort of center that had everything from the tracker locater, to a computer downloaded with a custom software that was to only be used to analyse and store the reports that Rima would hopefully be sending back, along with multiple other devices that Akira didn't care to explain.

From what Akira had told him when he first showed up, the missions start time would be 8 o'clock on the dot.

... It was currently 7:24p.m. and counting...

"So what are the others doing?"Akira broke the tense silence that walking down the seemingly endless hallway drew.

Sasaki, who was just a shadows step behind and to her right answered back with dull tone,"When I left Mutsuki and Shirazu were watching a movie, Saiko was holed up in her room, and Urie was out in the city."

"And how are they taking all of this? I know when I spoke to Mutsuki before the news was revealed, he seemed to have a small sliver of hope..."

Sasaki eyed each door that they passed,"It's hard to tell... some moments they seem normal... others.. well.. you can just tell something isn't right.."He admitted.

Akira nodded once more,"Everything will be okay... she's escaped them once before... plus she's much more stronger then she was back at that time."She tried to reassure as the door to her makeshift headquarters came upon them.

But the only response she got was a low hum from the male behind her.

Turning the nob and pushing the door open, Akira walked confidently into the small 10 by 10 foot room. A room that was packed with desk, wires, computers, and all those annoying machine noises you would hear on those tv shows where you see the nerds secret computer lab.

Sasaki was thoroughly surprised to see Arima Kishou sitting in one of the only two rolling chair in the room.

"A-Arima-San! What are you doing here!?"

Arima pushed up his glasses with his middle finger, his steely grey eyes looking at Sasaki blankly,"I came here to watch the release of Rima."

Sasaki's forehead wrinkled slightly and he tried to show a small smile as Akira shut and locked the door behind him.

"Oh r-really?"

"Despite what incidents have... transpired in the past between Rima and I... she is a remarkable being that I believe doesn't deserve the treatment she is receiving.."

"So you think she's innocent too?"

"I did not say that... only Rima and Kanae know what really happened that night... and with such conflicting stories... one would do well to thoroughly think the facts through first before deciding who is innocent... which it seems to have been long pushed aside..."