Chapter 27

In A Meeting Room High Up In The CCG....

There was a small round table situated in the middle of a large room. The table was filled with two high ranking officials, 2 Special-Class Squad leaders, and one doctor.

".... What are the new results on Hizake-san reports?..."One of the CCG official asked, intertwining his fingers together an positioning his head in a way you couldn't see his lower face behind them.

The doctor at the table shifted some files on the table in front of him before answering.

"Her RC Cell rate is steadily rising... she is almost at his level now..."

"What about her Kagune?... Any changes?"

The doctor shook his head slightly,"No... it's still unresponsive to any direct commands she gives... though it still seems to be able to differentiate from the enemy and comrade when it is in use..."

"Only if she deems them enemy or comrade herself... correct?"

The doctor was silent.

"Correct!?"The official asked, his tone louder.

The doctor didn't flinch, but his eyebrows pulled together in the middle,"After running a series of tests during Hizake-san's time in the academy... yes, that is correct."He stated,"Her Kagune will only attack those who she deems herself as the enemy..."

"What about the KKJ development?"The official asked.

"No signs of it yet, but I conclude that the more Hizake-san uses her Kagune... the more it is likely to develop faster..."The doctor explained.

The official nodded his head, turning to the two Special-Class investigators.

"And what are your reports?"He asked.

The smaller of the two investigators, a blonde women, turned her head slightly away from the man, a frustrated look spreading across her face.

She would rather be anywhere but here right now.

The man beside her, sensing that she wasn't going to speak, decided to answer.

"Everything seems to be the same.... only that he seems to now know something is missing..."He answered, a blank look in his face.

"What about when he's with her?"

"Same."

The official narrowed his eyes at the male Investigator.

He seemed to be challenging the investigator.... but he sourly gave up when the investigator just stared at him like he wished to be somewhere else. Anywhere else.

But just like the women beside him... ge did...

The official glared at the male before looking away,"Doesn't matter. If he shows any sign of remembering... immediately put him under. He is a valuable asset to the CCG. If we lost him... we may as well have lost the fight against the ghouls..."

"What about Hizake-san?.."

The women glared at the doctor, who ignored her.

The official averted his eyes, but you could see a faint smile appear behind his hands.

"If Hizake-san starts to cause trouble... though she is also a valuable asset to the CCG..."He paused,"... I have a special plan in store for her..."

The official beside him studied him, but said nothing.

The first official leaned back in his chair,"If that is all the new reports... Then this meeting is dismissed."

Instantly getting up, the women grabbed her bag an walked towards the door, leaving the male behind her to catch up.