••Chapter 50••

Watching closely, Rima's body was straight as a board as she pressed herself into the side of a building, her eyes glued onto 3 figures who were about 16 yards away from her, just around the corner.

"Man I'm hungry Hojun! I want to eat!"One that Rima could see was a bit on the chubbier side with obviously dyed green hair complained loudly, letting his head fall back to emphasize his point.

The guy who Rima figured out was Hojun, gave a nasty glare to the chubby green haired guy,"For the last time Kika... I said shut up..."He growled out. Hojun had long light brown hair that he kept braided down the back, and he was about the same size as the green haired guy - Kika - but instead of it being fat, Rima could easily tell it was all muscle.

The only one with his back to her, was the shortest one of all three, standing at maybe 5'9-5'11, was a man with spiky black hair and a dark green bandana tied around his neck, a part pulled up to cover his lower face from what she could tell. So far, for all of the 12 minutes that Rima had been watching them, the man hadn't said a word.

And the reason Rima was watching them? It was quite simple.

After Rima had decided that she wasn't going to let her fears take control of her anymore, the blonde ghoul made her way head first into the night, her mind set on finding only one thing...

The Aogiri Tree...

And of course, when Rima came upon the first people she knew weren't human about 2 hours into her self appointed mission, she couldn't help herself. Old habits died hard. Rima ran straight around the corner away from them as they came down the street she was on, and hid herself. Fortunately though she was able to convince herself not to runaway. That's why - for now going on 15 minutes - Rima has been eavesdropping on their conversation.

Rima at first had thought maybe they were with Aogiri Tree and she could use them as a way to get to the base or at least somewhere close, but by the way they were talking, she highly doubted the three ghouls wanted to be within sight of a member.

"But Hojun~~ I'm hungry! I need to eat before I die!"

"I said shut it! Do you want to attract attention to us!"

"... No... but I'm so hungry thou-"

"Shut it!"

Rima couldn't figure out a single reason why they had stopped all of a sudden. The way they were jumping across the roof tops and the tops of cars, she figured they were running away from someone, or someone dangerous. If you were running from someone who was trying to kill you, Rima was pretty sure you wouldn't just stop... in the middle of the street... and stay there...

Suddenly, Rima noticed Hojun turn to the mystery man, his arms crossed."How much longer do you think we have to wait? I don't like being out in the open like this."He questioned, glancing around the empty street they were on. Rima shrunk back some as Hojun's eyes passed over her direction.

But Rima immediately came back when she heard a new, low voice respond that definitely wasn't Hojun's or Kika's.

"He'll be back soon."

"What?..."Rima whispered as she peered around the corner a bit farther, trying to see if that would help her hear. She couldn't understand a thing the man said, only Hojun.

"Well, it's done past 15 minutes and I want to go. Those idiot are around here everywhere. I don't want to get caught."

"And I'm hungry!"Kika added with a grunt.

Rima bit her lip. She should probably go like her gut was telling her. These guys seem like they wouldn't know anything about what she needed to know, and would only be trouble.