••Chapter 51••

They're half ghouls like me... they were turned into half ghouls... they were once human... Rima just couldn't get over it. The males infront of her were not fully fledged ghouls. They were just like her. Not human, but not true monsters.

They were stuck in the motionless space inbetween.

Rima opened her mouth to speak, but with one last harsh squeeze from the tattooed mans kagune, Rima released a scream instead as her left leg broke. Her mind was getting hazy and her vision was starting to fill up with black dots.

"Silence. You don't have the right for any last words..."The tattooed man snapped as Rima's head fell forward, her eyes squeezing shut."Your death will be a show to those bastards that we aren't just some wasted experiments... we are something to be feared..."

"You have it wrong."Nobody seemed to hear Morari's quiet voice, all their attention stuck on Rima.

"I... told y-you...."Rima whispered,"I'm not-t on-one of... them..."

Even out from the CCG, Rima still somehow gets tied up with Aogiri Tree one way or another.

The man ignored her, moving one of the clawed fingers from around Rima, positioning the tip of the claw directly above her, readying to pierce her from head to toe - literally.

"Don't have a nice time in hell."Kika teased, a smile on his face as he waved.

"No. She isn't one of them."

I've failed again, I let them hurt more innocent people... and these guys... they don't know... I'm one of them... Rima thought in pain, her body aching before going numb. I've failed my mission too. Did the CCG know this would happen? Did they know that I would be killed before I got to Aogiri Tree? Is that what they wanted?

Rima winced and bit her tongue as another scream threatened to escape.

I'm sorry Haise-kun... I know you don't want to see me anymore.. but I wish I could have seen you one last time. Whisper I love you even though you wouldn't want to hear it... You may not want me anymore.. but I will always want you... I'm sorry...

Do you honestly want it to end here?

Rima was suddenly dragged away from reality and into the deepest parts of her mind.

What?

They could be of use to you?

Rima lifted her head, noticing almost right away that she wasn't in the grips of a kagune anymore. Her surroundings were pitch black except for the soft glow that seemed to be emanating from herself.

Rize-san... it's you, isn't it?...

The feeling of ghostly fingers trailed across Rima's lower back, resulting in her spinning on her heels. Though Rima was met with darkness.

They know things that could be useful. They could help lead you where you need to go.. Rize's chillingly soft voice seemed to bounce around everywhere before reaching Rima's ears, not letting her pinpoint where exactly the long purple haired ghoul was at.

They?... you mean the half ghouls in the alley? No way! They've been through enough, you out of everybody should know that! Rima growled, her minds eye flashing pictures of the aftermath of Kaneki and hers first date.

There was a chuckle sounding right beside Rima on her left side, and she shivered as cold air hit her ear. Rima didn't have enough time to turn her head to look before two hands came up and wrapped themselves around her. One hand grasping her neck right underneath her jaw, forcing her head back, while the other went around her chest, the hand resting over her heart.