••Chapter 45••

Sasaki sat quietly at his own little table in the corner of the cafe, his eyes staring endlessly into the dark brown liquid of his beverage while the tip of his middle finger on his right hand traced the rim of the glass cup.

The investigator had decided to go out for breakfast since being in that apartment was to much for him at the moment.

She's leaving tonight.... tonight...

Sasaki frowned as a crease formed between his brows. He absolutely hated that he couldn't do anything to stop them from sending her away.

I won't even be able to say goodbye... or I love you one last time..

That's probably what hurt Sasaki the most when he thought about it. The last conversation they had was when he called her that evening before everything happened, when he had asked her to come home.

It's all my fault... if I hadn't been so selfish... Rima... she.. she wouldn't be-

Sasaki - out of a sudden fit of anger - slammed his fist down onto the hard wooden table, shaking it and making some of his coffee slip over the rim of the cup. He didn't even care that people had turned their head to stare.

Sasaki took a moment to calm down, looking at his spilt coffee,"Oh~..."He breathed out."Can this day get any worse?..."

Turning and taking some napkins from the holders, Sasaki was surprised to see another pair of hands already cleaning up the mess he had made when he spun back around.

Looking up, Sasaki's eyes widened, "Kirishima-San!"He choked,"I-I'm sorry! I-I just... I... I don't know what came over me..."He finally admitted before he proceeded to help Touka anyway.

Touka shrugged her shoulders, her mouth set in a thin line, something Sasaki noticed right away.

"Is everything.. alright Kirishima-San?"

Touka frowned as she picked up the dirty and wet napkins,"Yeah..."Was all she said before she turned around and walked to the nearest trash can, throwing away the trash, not even making eye contact with him.

Sasaki was a little shocked at her attitude and cold demeanor, the waitress was always so kind and cheerful, expecially around Rima.

The thought of the blonde ghoul brought back another frown as Sasaki watched Touka walk into a door that probably led to the storage room.

She doesn't even know that Rima's going to be gone...

Sasaki's eyes widened. Kirishima-San! He thought suddenly. She was with Rima the night of the attack! She might know something that could help her!

Hope started to root out across his body when he realised that he could perhaps somehow help Rima's case. All he need to do was talk to the purple haired waitress..

Placing his hands on the edges of the table, Sasaki leaned forward to push his chair back when a cheery voice stopped him.

"Ah, is that you Sasaki-san?"

Looking up, Sasaki spotted a man a bit older then him with purple hair and a large smile on his face. He seemed a bit familiar, and it only took a moment for Sasaki to register the face.

That's Rima's friend.. w-what was his name again?...

Sasaki attempted to put on a normal smile as he sat up straight,"Aha.. yes it's me.."He joked poorly, raising a hand to rub the back of his neck.

The man chuckled and took the seat across from Sasaki, intertwining his fingers and resting his head on them while he crossed his legs,"I thought it was. You just have one of those unmistakeable faces, you know..."