••Chapter 55••

"Isn't the sunset beautiful?"

"It's mesmerizing.... but it's hard to see over all these buildings. Wouldn't it be nice to see it sitting on the beach?"

"Yeah haha, I guess it would. We'll go someday then, okay?"

"We'd have to bring Shiro too though! I wouldn't want her to miss it. I know she'll love it."

"Ha... okay then, it'll just be Shiro.. you and me..."

~

"Yomo-San, I want to go with you!"Touka argued for the umpteenth time.

The young ghoul was standing in the middle of the Cafe glaring at one of the other ghouls in the room.

Yomo shook his head in disagreement like he has for the umpteenth time,"I already told you, you need to stay here incase any doves decide they want to stop by."

Touka's hands curled into fists,"But I want to help Rima."Like hell I'm staying.

"Then stay here."

Touka roughly grabbed Yomo by his jacket sleeve, preventing him from moving away,"Rima is practically my sister, there is no way in hell that I would stay on the sidelines when I could be helping."Touka's voice was low and cold, her eyes turning dark.

"She wouldn't want you to put yourself in danger for her. She would want you to stay."Yomo replied unaffected by Touka's light threats.

"He has a point there."

"Shut up Nishiki!"

"Now, now everyone~ lets calm ourselves and think this through.."

Everyone gave the Frenchman an annoyed look before turning away, making him smile a bit,"All we know right now is that Rima-chan is somewhere out in Tokyo looking for the Aogiri Tree. Now not only will we be looking out for Rima, but also the Aogiri Tree and the doves, that would be quite dangerous for you Touka-chan."

Yomo nodded his head slightly, gently removing Touka's grasp on his sleeve,"See? Stay here and wait for us."

Touka glared harder, jerking her hand away,"No! I said I'm going-!"Touka's voice rose at the end of her exclamation as she and everyone else in the closed cafe jumped when the front door burst open. Hadn't she locked it.

All four pairs of eyes landed on a hunched over form that stood in the entry way. Their backed rose and fell rapidly, their breathing coming out in sharp intakes and exhales.

"Excuse me we're closed."Nishiki grumbled taking a sip of his coffee, preparing for the long night ahead.

"Ple-... please... you have to help me... you could help.. me"

Looking up, the first person Sasaki connected eyes with was Touka, who stepped back in shock. Her stare was mirrored by Yomo, Shu, and Nishiki, who all looked equally surprised.

Sasaki managed to lean back up, pushing himself farther into the cafe. He didn't have to run all the way, but when his taxi kept getting caught in the night traffic, and his panic rising that he was suddenly going to get ambushed by CCG agents, Sasaki decided his best bet was to just take off on his own. Not before tossing the driver the full amount that he was owed.

"Please,"Sasaki started again, every ounce of his built up pain and helplessness showing on his face,"She's in danger, and I know you can help..."

Touka couldn't help herself. The shocked look fell off and she rushed over to Sasaki, grabbing onto one of his arms to help him stay on his feet.