Chapter 26

"So the Aogiri Tree could be working with Rose... That could lead to some trouble..."Koori said, placing a hand on his chin in thought.

Rima was currently sitting next to Shirazu again as the meeting went on. Sasaki had just finished explaining what had happened on their mission last night while everyone looked over the reports they all had filled out.

Now they were going to discuss what was going on.

"Yes that is quite worrisome..."A First-Ranked investigator Rima had come to know as Kuramoto Ito,said"... With Aogiri being dormant for three years and all of a sudden coming out to help 'Rose'... One could only guess what they are planning..."

Rima noticed Koori glance at her before Sasaki an then the papers in front of him. The action made Rima furrow her brows.

"Only time will tell.."Koori mumbled.

"Do you think it has to do with that video Kijima put up?"Another First-Class investigator named Taishi Fura suggested, a bored look on his face.

"What reason would Aogiri want with that video?"Koori questioned.

Fura shrugged a shoulder,"Maybe they're working together an want revenge for they're 'comrades'..."

Koori sighed, completely disregarded her Squad Leaders suggestion,"All we need is to just find info on Aogiri Tree an Rose.."

Sasaki blinked,"I already have a plan... and it would be the best way to gather information..."He said.

Koori shook his head,"That is too much of a risk..."

"What plan?"Kijima asked.

"Myself and the rest of the Quinx squad would go under cover in the ghoul world, using both our knowledge of certain things and our ghoul like properties to blend in..."Sasaki explained.

Everyone at the table nodded.

"Yes, but the risk of you and your team blowing your cover an closing this case for good is high..."Koori said.

"But the chance of us getting valuable information is just as high."Sasaki said back.

Koori became quiet, then sat up straight.

"Then let's have a vote, all other who are a first class an higher, and are not apart of the Quinx squad, all raise your hand if you agree..."Koori said.

Instantly, Kijima, Ito, Ihe, and Fura raised their hand along with members of there squads, totaling 6 agreements.

Koori, Nobu Shimoguchi and his two squad members did not raise their hands, meaning they disagreed with the plan.

In all, 6:Agreed 4:Against

Koori sighed, a very agitated expression hidden well on his face.

"I guess the decision has been made... Special Class Sasaki's operation 'Mask' is approved..."Koori said, a strange look in his eyes as he looked at Sasaki.

Sasaki smiled,"Thank you..."He thanked, bowing his head slightly.

In A Park An Few Days Later...

Rima walked next to Sasaki, her arms crossed behind her back, her eyes looking over the park, watching as people walked their dogs, talked with other people, and jogged by.

The two had decided to go on a short walk before Sasaki would take Rima to a place he didn't specify.

Sasaki walked mindlessly down the small pathway, his eyes looking forward but not actually looking at what was ahead of him.

His mind was currently on a rampage right then... and he didn't know if he could take it.

Eyepatch... Why did they call me that when they saw me?...

Sasaki was getting a little frustrated by not knowing.

Eyepatch... the ghoul in that old report was called Eyepatch... could that be Kaneki Ken?... The mask was his... an when he wore it... the ghouls who saw him, called him 'Eyepatch'...

If your wondering what happened. The day after Koori approved of his operation, Sasaki decided to do a test run with the mask to see if it would really work before he let Rima or the others go out with them.

He took the mask and put it on, going out an roaming around the 20th ward. He only met a few ghouls, but the few ghouls that he came into contact with all ran away the second they laid eyes on him.

That mask had to have been his.. or really, mine...

But another question that Sasaki kept pondering over... is why those Ghouls ran away the second they saw him?.... Was Kaneki really feared that much in the ghoul world?..,

Sasaki frowned. He was more recently getting more hallucinations of the white haired boy and of Kaneki Ken.

Sometimes it felt like he had a stronger presence, but then other times it felt like he was barely there.

Most always, Sasaki felt him stronger whenever he showed up when Rima was around. Kind of like he was trying to reach out to her... trying to get her attention...

At the thought of the blonde haired half-ghoul, Sasaki shifted his eyes over to her, noting that she seemed to be intently looking at her surrounding, a sort of concentration look on her face.

Sasaki wanted so badly to ask Rima about Kaneki, but he was scared. From the bit he heard from Rima - which was only a vague story of their short time together - Sasaki knew it was hard for her to talk about it.

He knew their relationship was strained and tough on the both of them. Sasaki could understand that. With Kaneki being a ghoul and Rima - at that time - being a human...

Like Rima said after the battle that the Quinx Squad with Akira had with Aogiri Tree in the old abandoned factory...

They're relationship was doomed from the beginning ...

Or was it just a rough - really rough - patch?...

Sasaki looked sadly at Rima. Even though he wanted so badly to know his past life - or what he believed was his past life - Sasaki would never put Rima through that.

Because he knew Rima well enough to know that even though it made her uncomfortable she would still do as he asked.

After everything she's been through, she doesn't deserve that...

Sasaki sighed, looking back forward. That guy who gave him that mask... Uta was it.. did he know Kaneki? Maybe Sasaki could ask him about Kaneki.

Or better yet, that guy who was at Rima's welcome back party, Tsukishima?.... Tsukimaru?... ... Tsukiyama!

Rima did say that he was a friend of Kaneki's an hers.

But did that mean Tsukiyama was a ghoul too?...

Sasaki was pulled from his thoughts by Rima tugging lightly at his hand.

"Huh? What is it?"Sasaki asked, looking down at his girlfriend.

Rima frowned lightly,"You looked like you were about to give yourself an aneurism. What's wrong?"She asked.

The creases on Sasaki's forehead instantly disappeared as he smiled lightly at Rima's worried tone.

"Just thinking about something. Nothing to really worry about."

"Are you sure?..."

"Positive!"

Rima sighed heavily, moving her head to look forward but kept her sights on the male beside her.

"Okay..."

Sasaki smiled kindly,"I'm fine Rima. Really... there's no need to worry."

Rima nodded slowly,"I believe you, I believe you..."

Sasaki knew immediately that she didn't believe him, but he let it go. If she was willing to, then so would he.

"Hey Haise-kun?..."

"Yes?"

"I've been wondering..."