••Chapter 62••

•••• man I'm not feeling this chapter that much at all lol. Hope you guys enjoy :)•••

"I just wanted to take the time out of this conference to say one thing... I, Takatsuki Sen... am a ghoul..."

Kaneki stared up at the ceiling of the cafe, his hands wrapped tightly around his coffee. His body felt uneasy for the past day and a half and what happened at the book release conference was the only thing that Kaneki wanted to blame was the reason.

"Are you okay Kaneki?"

The black haired male looked over to Touka, who started to wipe down the bar counter around him.

"I'm just thinking."

Touka snorted,"Aren't we all? What are you thinking about?"She pressed, easily being able to tell that something serious was on his mind.

Kaneki shifted his eyes to his coffee,"A few things."

"Like what?"

"Takatsuki revealing to the world that she is a ghoul.."

"Everyone is. What else.."

"The raid that the CCG is holding on Rue Island to exterminate the possible Aogiri Tree base..."

"I can see that being quiet thought consuming... but I know there's something else. Something that's eating at you.."

Kaneki narrowed his eyes. He didn't want to think about it. The news could only mean one thing, and that one thing wasn't good news.

"The necklace that Rima-chan was sent away with... it was found next to a filtration pond in the 5th ward... with a body that we haven't been able to identify yet..."

Touka stopped mid wipe and looked at Kaneki seriously."Was it...?"

"The body was badly brutalized, but from what the investigators have seen, the body looks too big to be Rima-chan's... but you never know..."Kaneki answered with a shake of his head.

"I thought those doves planted a tracker in her?"

Kaneki nodded solemnly,"They did, but it had to have been taken out somewhere along the way and crushed. The last coordinates were somewhere in the 12th Ward..."

Touka looked down at the counter, a frown on her lips."So you guys have no clue where she is?..."Touka said it more as a statement.

Kaneki sighed heavily,"I don't know what to do. Someone has to have known about the trackers for them to take it out of Rima-chan.."The thought of someone cutting her to remove the device sent Kaneki's blood to boiling."There has to have been someone else involved... there has to be..."

Touka nodded in agreement,"But just keep this in mind Kaneki... Rima-chan has grown a lot since you last saw her. She's more stronger and resilient then she was before.."

"I know, I may not have been able to remember myself from before, but I remember everything now. I know how strong she is."Kaneki smiled softly as he thought back to when Rima graduated from the academy - back when he was Sasaki Haise.

They trained together a few times and Kaneki had seen that although she wasn't much in hand to hand, Rima could protect herself in battle. Even in defending, Rima was able to leave a few good hits on him.

"Kaneki.."

"Yeah?"

"Was it painful?"..

"What was?"

"Seeing Rima-chan again, but not being able to say anything?.. You.."

Kaneki was quiet for a moment as he thought.