Chapter 30

Sasaki didn't know what to say as silence filled the air, Uta looking between Rima an himself, and Rima an him looking at Uta.

How could we possibly go in there after what just happened? Sasaki thought. Glancing over to Rima, he noticed that she still had a smudge of blood across her bottom lip, it standing out greatly against her pale skin. There's no way we could go in anywhere like this..

Sasaki concluded that he had to go get Rima checked out. Getting her a mask would do no good if she wasn't going to be able to use it.

Putting on a strained smile, Sasaki shook his head,"Aha!... Sorry Uta-San, but we actually h-have to be going somewhere. I'm sorry for the inconvenience."He apologized, scratching his chin in embarrassment.

Uta pouted slightly,"So soon? But doesn't Rima-chan have to get measured?"He asked.

Sasaki's eyes widened an Rima's head snapped up. Both looked at Uta with wide eyes as he returned the look with a smile.

"You know Rima?"Sasaki questioned before Rima could intervene an explain, completely forgetting about the incident that had just occurred minutes ago.

Uta-San! No! Rima shouted in her head.

Uta nodded his head,"Mhmm. We're close friends... aren't we Rima-chan?"Uta shifted his eyes to a frozen Rima. She didn't know what to say. Why did Sasaki have to pick up on that small fact?

First Tsukiyama-San, then Fueguchi, an now Uta-San.... just who exactly did Rima know before all of this.

Sasaki turned his attention on Rima an waited for her response. He had a feeling he knew just how Rima knew the shop owner.

Rima gulped hard,"I-I kno-w Uta-San because of..."Rima didn't want to say his name, afraid of what would happen."... I-I know-"

"From Kaneki right?"

It felt weird for Sasaki to say that name aloud himself. Hearing someone else say it was one thing, but to feel an hear himself say it was a whole nother thing.

Rima struggled to swallow. She couldn't understand why she was so nervous to speak about him. It wasn't like she hasn't already told Sasaki about him before. Why is it so different now?

Looking to the ground, Rima nodded her head softly. She could feel his eyes on her as it was once again quiet. Was Sasaki upset that they kept running into his an her old friends?

Why couldn't we have stayed home?...

"Haise-ku-n.."Rima started as she braced her hands on the bricks behind her, using the angle to her advantage to lift herself onto her feet. It was easier now that her head wasn't in a makeshift roller coaster.

She figured she better say some kind of explanation so Sasaki wouldn't worry, but Rima was shocked when Sasaki interrupted her. Snapping her blue eyes to his grey ones, Rima was confused by Sasaki's expression.

"Let's go inside an get you measured, okay?  The mission is going to start soon and we'll need it as fast as we can get it?"

Sasaki eyes were closed an his head was tilted to the side, the corner of his lips tilted upward. Rima blinked worriedly at him. Sasaki didn't seem okay a few minutes ago. Actually he seemed a bit lost and confused, but now he seems like he was before they got here.

Though not wanting to ruin his mood again, Rima tried to push away the tiredness, the total exhaustion she felt, plus the million thought going through her head as to why Sasaki suddenly changed his mind - an nodded, placing a smile of her own on.