••Chapter 60••

Rima woke up to the sound of rain hitting tin, and slowly opened her eyes. The first thing she noticed was the rain pouring outside the windows. It came down so heavily it looked like fog. The next thing she noticed was that she was in a vacant, cold room, lying on the floor.

"O-ow.."Rima mumbled as she pushed herself up into a sitting position. Her body ached from the uncomfortable sleep, and her bones popped from having not moved.

"You're awake."

Startled Rima turned her head towards the owner of the voice and saw a white haired male sitting in the corner of the room, just staring at her. She opened her mouth to speak - to question who he was, but he raised a hand to silence her.

"Quiet."

Rima ignored him defiantly,"Where am I?"She asked taking a glance around. The boy glared hotly at her before grunting.

"We're in an abandoned apartment. What? Would you rather be out in the rain?"

"No I would rather be at ho-"Rima gasped as flashes from before she passed out flew by, a hand flying to her heart,"Mommy! Daddy!"She exclaimed, stumbling to her feet and racing towards the door.

But just as her fingers brushed the door knob, she was turned around and pushed up against the hard wood, the pain spreading out through her small body.

"Mommy and daddy are dead, don't you remember."The boy growled, pushing Rima harder against the door.

Rima looked up into his red eyes for a moment before her breath caught and she lowered her head,"B-but..."She stuttered. That's right, the explosion... Rima brought her hands up to cover her face as she started to cry.

The boy looked down at her incredulously. "Shut up. Don't make so much noise!"He growled out, taking a step back. Without him holding her against the door, Rima slid to her knees, still crying.

"But mommy said they would be behind me!"Rima cried loudly, her body shaking with every sob.

The boys jaw clenched and he took another step back. He didn't know how to handle a crying little girl, so he just let her cry.

... and cry... and cry... ... and cry...

After what felt like an eternity, Rima's crying quieted down to only sobs coming out from her every now and again. The boy looked over to Rima when he heard her shuffle closer.

"Are you done crying now?"

He was shocked when he felt small hands clutch onto the back of his shirt, an a warm body press against his back. Looking behind him, the boy saw Rima holding tightly onto his shirt, her faced pressed into his side.

"What are you doing?"He growled, snatching her hands from his shirt and holding her at arms length from him.

Rima looked at him with puffy cheeks and red eyes - due to her crying - and held onto his arms."Y-you were hurt too.. r-right?... L-let me see.."

The boy looked at Rima with wide eyes. Doesn't she know that I?... I am..."No! I'm fine."He growled, pushing Rima to the floor.

Rima winced as she landed painfully on her arm, but made no noise to alert him. He must be scared. He has to be if he ran away from help after being injured. Is there no one for him to go too?

Rima shifted back onto her feet, and cautiously moved back toward him.

"Please,"Rima sniffled,"Just let me check you're wounds."She begged.