Chapter 17

"Huuu..."Rima groaned as she spun around an around in her office chair,"... How much longer is he gonna be gone?..."

It had been an hour since Sasaki and her had left Koori an everyone in the meeting room, and it had also been 45 minutes since Sasaki had left her, telling her to not stray to far from the office.

Sasaki had - and Rima quoted - left to go see a ghoul imprisoned at the CCG's top security prison.

When Rima had asked if she could go too, Sasaki had hesitated an then told her that he would be back soon so there was no point in her going anyway...

And that's how Rima got to where she is now... Spinning in circles in her chair.

"What is there that I can do?..."Rima questioned, using her feet to stop the chair. If she didn't stop soon then she would have gotten herself sick,"Oh! I know! I can help clean Haise's desk for him!"

Sitting up straight, Rima grabbed onto the edge of Sasaki's desk an rolled her chair over to it, clapping her hands together.

"Okay! Now where do I start?..."

Deciding to just start with the paper scattered across Sasaki's desk, Rima got to work organizing files an reports by date an rank.

Kind of like she did the last time she was her..

Rima shook that memory from her head. That was not a good memory to remember since it came from a time in Rima's life that was really dark....

"Ohh..."Rima said as her eyes would catch a few words from files here an there,"Sasaki's done alot over the years..."She praised.

After a few minutes, Rima was almost done stacking all the files, she only had one pile left.

Picking up the last 5 files, Rima started to lightly tap them against the desk, trying to straighten them out.

"There we go!"Rima said, a smile on her face, satisfied she was able to finish it record time,"... Now time for the reports- oh no!"

Just as Rima moved the files over the keyboard to Sasaki's computer, Rima had given herself a papercut, which resulted in her dropping the files all over the desk, some of them even falling on the floor.

"Oh crap..."Rima grumbled, sticking the end of her pinky in her mouth to try an ease the pain.

Just because she was a half ghoul and was able to heal almost instantly, didn't mean that she didn't feel pain...

After Rima fixed up the files that fell on the desk, she scooted her chair back an bent at the waist to lean down and grab the rest of the files.

"Here we go.."Rima mumbled to herself,"... Huh? What's this?.."She asked herself as she spotted a grey binder hidden up under a shelf.

It obviously wasn't supposed to be there so Rima grabbed it, thinking that she would be nice an put it were it was supposed to be.

Piling everything in her arms, Rima sat back up straight, putting everything back onto the desk. An after putting all the files back in place, she decided to take a quick peek at the binder, just so she could figure out where it could go.

"A unfinalised draft report from the 20th ward?.."Rima read aloud, her eyebrows pulling together in the middle.

It seems as though this was a report from an investigator that had a case in the 20th ward from years ago.

"20th ward.... 5 years ago?... Could it be.."... Someone from Anteiku?

After that thought, Rima felt compelled to look then. She wondered why Sasaki had an old case report that could possibly be about the burnt down cafe.