••Chapter 40••

At hearing the sound of the door closing, Shirazu was woken from his drooling sleep, head popping up and eyes blinking rapidly.

"Rima-chan!"He exclaimed, startling the sleeping Saiko next to him and Mutsuki who jerked his sights from the door that Sasaki had just passed through, to him.

"H-Huh!?"Mutsuki fumbled out as he watched the blonde male look frantically around the room,"Rima-chans not here..."

"Aww~ then what was that noise?"

"Sasaki-San just left to get some fresh air."

Shirazu slumped back in his chair,"Darn. I thought Rima-chan was here..."He grumbled with a pout.

"Darn you!"Saiko yelled - which caught Uries' attention and made him crack an eye open- as she hit Shirazu on the arm,"You woke me up for nothing!"

"Hey! It wasn't my fault! I thought Rima-chan came back, okay!?"

"Whatever you say..."Saiko grumbled, her lips in a pout as she rested her head back onto the table. It only took her a short moment to be back asleep.

Urie turned to Mutsuki, a blank questioning look on his features,"I thought Sasaki was going to wait for Mado-san..."

Mutsuki shrugged his shoulders gently,"Yeah, I did too,"He agreed,"but I think with everything going on right now, Sasaki-San needs time alone..."

Urie didn't reply, only shifted his eyes to the ceiling. Shirazu let his head drop though, a low groan escaping his lips.

"Oh man~"

"What?"Mutsuki questioned as he stood from his seat, taking a new one on the right of Urie at the table,"What's wrong?"

Shirazu looked to his fellow comrade,"Nothing, just thinking about what happening."He stated,"About Rima-chan attacking someone.."

"Shirazu, we don't know if Rima-chan really attacked anyone - at least not on her own free will."

Shirazu nodded,"I know, but it just... I can't help but feel guilty..."

Mutsuki furrowed his brows,"Why would you be feeling guilty? You didn't do anything."He said softly, trying to reassure the blonde.

Shirazu frowned heavily,"I think I did though..."

Urie - who was thought to not be listening - spoke,"What do you mean?"

The blonde investigator bit his bottom lip, hesitating. Should he tell them? It would only be right, and it could help him stop feeling so horrible.

A minute or two passed before Shirazu answered.

"When those investigators were asking us questions,"Shirazu started, his mind going back to just not long ago,"and they were asking me about how Rima-chan has been... and how she's been acting... I kind of told them about how she pretty much just ran out the door last night..."

Mutsuki's eyes widened,"Why would you do that!?"He couldn't help the words that tumbled from his tongue,"You should have known they were going to think badly of that!"

Shirazu shook his head,"I-I know! It just kind of slipped out! I didn't mean to say anything..."His voice trailed off at the end.

Urie narrowed his eyes,"You said something else, didn't you, you idiot?"He demanded emotionlessly.

Shirazu's panicked looked turned into a glare as he started at the purple haired male,"What're you trying to sa-"

"What did you say."

Shirazu sneered his lips for a moment before sighing, adverting his eyes from the two,"Again... I don't know why I brought it up... but I told them about that day Rima-chan was almost late for that meeting about 'Rose'... and how she had that weird red lipstick smeared around her lips..."