Opposites

Luhan was a quiet boy, but far the opposite of what Baekhyun was. As the son of two flower shop keepers, he was as delicate as the flowers that his parents handled, but Baekhyun began to see him as someone more courageous than he first judged. Perhaps the young blonde was overly greatful, but ever since Baekhyun found it in him to help the bullied boy off the ground after being roughened up by a couple of idiots Baekhyun referred to as "ingrates", Luhan became attached to following him.

His assimilation into Baekhyun's life was less intrusive than Chanyeol's. The brunet didn't mind being followed. Luhan didn't speak much unless he wanted to ask about common things such as homework and weather. His personality was somewhat endearing and it was to Baekhyun's likeness, oddly. It wasn't a week after meeting one another that Baekhyun began to work with Luhan on his science subject class when he became aware of his issues with his struggling grade.

Chanyeol had been surprised when Baekhyun began bringing his newfound pet into the library to eat lunch with them. However slightly jerked his was of Luhan's privileges with the brunet, the basketball player treated him like any other.

But the giant couldn't deny being a little too overly jealous when Luhan quietly asked for Baekhyun's cellphone number one afternoon and the brunet merely shrugged before handing the written numbers on a ripped piece of paper with no conditions attached as he had done with Chanyeol. It had taken two weeks and three days for Chanyeol to pry Baekhyun's contact number from him after a series of attempts to obtain it, and even then, Baekhyun had set up a system where he couldn't text or call at all unless it was between the time of four and four-thirty in the afternoon. Although he felt it in his gut to not take the low-ended deal, Chanyeol had no other choice but to accept.

Once, he tried to casually start a conversation with the brunet. The moment the clock struck four, Chanyeol sent a text message reading a simple "Hello", but Baekhyun answered it fifteen minutes later. It took the giant no longer than two minutes to come up with a response that could have sparked a great conversation, but Baekhyun, again, replied to it ten minutes later. Then before Chanyeol could send another one, the brunet sent him the numbers four, three, and zero, indicating the time that Chanyeol was no longer allowed to contact him.

It was frustrating to the basketball player, and he honestly didn't know why he was trying so hard. Baekhyun wondered the same thing with every diligent text he received in the thirty minute opening he left for the giant.

Luhan was a different case, and for this, Baekhyun could tell that it bothered the giant greatly. During their lunch, the smile and the laughter were the same, but whenever the brunet would take a close look at how Chanyeol was interacting with Luhan, the boy seemed seemed as though he was forcing himself to appear upbeat. This assumption was proven when Luhan looked off in one moment and the player made eye contact with the brunet and, for a short second, the smile faltered.

-

-

"Do you want to go to the movies?"

Halting in steps, Baekhyun turned around to face the sweaty jock who had just left basketball practice, yet insisted on walking the brunet to the bus stop once again. With his hands in his pockets and headphones hung around his neck, Baekhyun pursed his lips inwards as he cocked his head. Then, to Chanyeol's surprise, the brunet shrugged as he started walking again.

"Why not?"

With his back turned, Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol's sudden happiness with his answer, fully aware that the athlete had stopped walking in frozen shock. Just as the guy was beginning to jog to catch up, Baekhyun turned his head to the side and looked up at the giant beside him.

"I'll invite Luhan, too."

Chanyeol blinked and stopped walking once again, staring at Baekhyun with a fallen expression. "What?"