Absolute

a/n: hello, boobs!!! This is (sadly) only 2.9k and I wasn't able to write everything I wanted to. So (sadly), no, LNAD will not have only 2 chapters left. It'll probably go into the 50's, but I'm sorry ;___; College is crippling. But anyways, enjoy this (if you can) and hopefully it's not TOoOOOO bad (but it is). Thank you for those who waited for me to update. Love you guys (kindaaaa) lol Have a happy new year!

-

-

"When was the last time you spoke to him?"

Silence.

Kyungsoo tightened his jaw. The annoyance that surged inside of him almost skyrocketed by the way the basketball athlete merely glanced his way. It was already unbearable to be right in the middle of a war-like crossfire between the two forces; there was no reason why, of all the places on campus, either of the warring two should ever step foot in his domain, the one place Kyungsoo knew neither ever had a purpose of visiting in the first place--his student body classroom.

However, that particular day was peculiar, but then again, everything odd was ordinary in some weird sense. He couldn't pinpoint it out.

Word had already spread that the glorified Park Chanyeol would not attend the biggest--if not the most important--social event for most seniors. Kyungsoo almost gagged when he had the luck of eavesdropping on a few eager girls whispering about the revelation like harlots ready to pounce the athlete until someone within their circle mentioned Nana.

Nana, respected by her peers and known to have an extraordinary way of getting things done even if the task seemed impossible. Kyungsoo almost shook his head when he found out his ex-boyfriend's current lover had decided to accept her proposal, knowing full well what a facade the woman was to begin with. There were times when he wondered how transparent the girl needed to be for the athlete to see right through her, but after some time, he realized that she could've been invisible and Park Chanyeol still wouldn't have noticed anything amiss with her.

It was hard to bear witness to the war going on between Baekhyun and the latter without intervening much. There were things that he knew he could've offered to lessen the hurt, some truths that were beginning to collect dust in his memories, but Kyungsoo kept his lips tight, withholding anything and everything. Moments had occurred during his weak moments, ones that involved murmuring the name of the individual behind Baekhyun's frightening experience with the shed, but they all passed in silence. Part of him instinctively knew it was wrong and slightly wrong to say nothing at all, but it wasn't his message to relay.

Watching them was like watching a domino effect. He knew he had the power, but Kyungsoo kept himself fairly isolated, witnessing it all coming down on its down and staying away.

Walking over to where Chanyeol had taken a seat in the classroom, Kyungsoo grabbed a stack of papers on his way and dropped them on the desk as soon as his feet arrived two feet of the giant's placement. "I want to go home around six. If you're going to stay in here and take up space, you're going to file all of these complaints in the order of which they were turned in. Recent student complaints go in the back. Prioritize it all based on who submitted first."

Blankly, Chanyeol stared at the papers before moving. A bit of him reminded Kyungsoo of a zombie. Slow.

"Move faster or get out of my classroom."

"This is a lot of paper, Kyungsoo," Chanyeol muttered.

Snorting, Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. In the fifteen minutes the athlete had sat there, words from him had been rare. "If you're not up for it, you can go home. That or you can--"