The Breaking Point

Chanyeol kept the ripped pieces of the letters in his back pocket until he returned to his room where he shoved the papers into his bag to take home. He was unsure on how to approach Baekhyun on the matter, but at the same time, he questioned whether he should. He wanted to. Deep in his gut, he really felt as if he needed to confront the issue head on but Baekhyun's character made it difficult, because no matter what they did, no matter how many times they kissed and exchanged small words of assurance, Chanyeol felt like it was never good enough. Especially then. He could already feel the dust of their relationship begin to surface, the crumbling of loose parts Baekhyun never allowed for them to fix, and the collapse of everything that they wanted to have.

It made class a difficult challenge to upkeep. Chanyeol couldn't pay attention very well, the pencil in his hand always stalling or writing down words that had nothing to do with the lecture. Though he wanted to keep up, especially with the fact that he wanted to be less dependant on Baekhyun when it came to school work, convinced that it might take some load off their relationship, the athlete found that he couldn't focus at all.

Between Baekhyun's two-worded text and the lack of follow up messages was drilling a hole in his head. It was the only thing he could think about besides the letters that were beginning to take an obvious toll on their relationship.

Chanyeol wanted to know how long Baekhyun had been receiving the hate, almost angry how he, himself, wasn't even aware of the situation and had to--of all the things--beg the information out from Kyungsoo. As his boyfriend, he should've known first, not the ex, but Kyungsoo had the upper hand with everything, making him feel absolutely pathetic and worthless with no added value.

There was no doubt in his mind that Kyungsoo knew who was sending the letters and who might've committed the kidnapping hoax. Gripping the pencil in his hand, Chanyeol shook. It was always Kyungsoo who knew everything, who had Baekhyun first, and who Baekhyun solely trusted with anything.

Jealousy was a fine monster hiding in everyone's closet, and Chanyeol's darkness was no exception.

While Baekhyun was off silently fighting wars with people and problems he adamantly kept to himself despite the giant's pleas, Chanyeol was convinced that he was the only one fighting for both of them. Whereas the brunet fought for himself, the athlete felt like he had to battle everything out with Kyungsoo as well as others such as the older gentlemen Baekhyun worked with and sometimes, even Baekhyun, himself.

It made him angry, pissed and beyond rageful. He wanted nothing more than to walk out of the classroom and drag Baekhyun out from his own, but in the back of his mind, Chanyeol knew he couldn't do that. The brunet needed to be in attendance with every single one of his lectures so he could graduate on time and finish high school, and Chanyeol didn't want to be the jerk to endanger his boyfriend's graduation status.

He tuned in to the teacher once more. Something about the light theory and wave lengths... Chanyeol bowed his head, his eyes kept on the notebook in front of him with scribbled words from the lecture here and there, but all in all, the paper was nearly blank.

Not being able to take it any longer, Chanyeol glanced up to double check on the teacher's position and gave himself the clear once he saw how the instructor's back was turned away from the class itself. Reaching into his front pocket, he crouched low behind the student sitting in front of him, set his phone on silent, and opened his conversation with the young brunet.

He paused for a second, eyes stuck on the small photo Chanyeol had as Baekhyun's contact icon. He had taken it during the bus ride to the camp in their earlier days together. Baekhyun had fallen asleep, and though it had made Chanyeol jealous at the time since the brunet sometimes swayed to his right and leaned against Yixing, he couldn't help but find him peaceful. So, he took the photo, which he later admitted to one night after Baekhyun finally agreed to date him, and despite how the latter grumbled about it being an awful photo, he let the giant keep it.