Blindings

Chanyeol had a colorful collection of old records in boxes beneath his bed and CD stacks in the corner of his basement bedroom. Only by a look on his blushing face could Baekhyun tell that the latter had been nervous about showing his new boyfriend his basement living space. Slowly, with every step, Baekhyun inspected several aspects of the room from corner to corner, taking mental note of the guitars and set of drums sitting perfectly pristine off to the side. His fingers trailed the wall beside him until he gradually moved and gravitated to the jock's musical interests.

"I cleaned up a bit, but sorry for the, uh, hamper over there," Chanyeol apologized meekly as he worked on turning on all the lights in his room. "Should've done laundry a while back..."

"It's alright." With a hand drifting just above the CDs stacked beside Chanyeol's desk, Baekhyun cocked his head. "You listen to some old things, Chanyeol."

"You don't like classic rock?" Chanyeol asked, swinging his duffle bag's sling over his head and setting his athletic gear off to the side, near the stairs. His hair was still stuck to his forehead, evidence of the practice he just finished. Slightly paranoid of his hygiene, he quickly walked over to a closet and pulled out a towel.

"No, I do," the brunet quickly answered, pulling out a CD case from the masses. "I'm just surprised. Thought you'd be into pop or something mainstream, not...Aerosmith."

"If you don't like Aerosmith, you're doing something wrong." Chuckling, Chabyeol threw the towel over his shoulder. "I'm going to take a quick shower, okay? You can touch anything in this room if you want."

"You included?"

Face red, the giant let out a nervous laugh. "I mean, I'm not prepared with anything, but if, uh, you say that then, well, ah—"

"Joking, Chanyeol," Baekhyun casually assured, putting the CD back in its place. "Go take your shower. You smell like basketball and school. Two things I'm not very fond of."

"Oh...Right. I'll see you in a bit. The television remote's on my bed, and there's a mini fridge by my desk. I have all kinds of drinks, except alcoholic ones. I'm not trying to do anything or, um—"

"Chanyeol, you're rambling."

"I know. I hear it, too. I'll go now."

After the giant left, grumbling under his breath about his embarrassment to himself, Baekhyun crouched down and pulled out a box full of records. Filing through it all, he was amused by Chanyeol's taste in music seeing as how the latter even had classical music in his collection.

It had been a week since they began officially dating, though Baekhyun was still repelled to use the word. The news hadn't broken out yet, but only by the result of his strict rules when it came to conduct during school hours.

There was to be absolutely no hand holding. Baekhyun saw the way Chanyeol's smile faltered at the revelation, but assured him that it wouldn't be as heavily strict as he made it sound. "Not that I don't want to. I'd just rather have it so that others don't make such a fuss about it," he had explained.

Still, Chanyeol had slumped shoulders, frown lopsidedly taking place on his face. "Okay, so no PDA..."

"Just not excessive displays, Chanyeol. I don't want to be like those people who sit in a corner during breaks to shove tongues down each other's throat."

"But the likelihood of you letting me kiss you when I want is..."

"Not so great."

"Hm..." Chanyeol had accepted it so casually, but stiffly enough that Baekhyun had no other choice but to slightly budge on his tone of voice.