Confessions in the Dark

Immunity of any sort was never in favor of Baekhyun's well-being. Even as he spoke with the basketball player that early morning, he could feel the sickness begin to crawl and drag its way into his system, threatening to wreck his mood and health within a couple of hours. Chanyeol might've found offense in the way the brunet would slowly ease his location farther than what would be considered intimate, but it was all for good reason on Baekhyun's part. He didn't want the boy to catch his sickness.

A lot of contending factors aimed to steal credit for his sickly status. Baekhyun thought it had been the disgustingly wet weather and the god-awful gusts of wind that blew his way for the last two days. Another thought that bubbled to his mind was his evening swim in the cold waters with Chanyeol, but he dismissed that. He remembered all too well how hot he became afterwards.

By the time late lunch came around, the headache that surfaced had become severe and Baekhyun felt an extreme feeling of nausea. Kyungsoo had been too caught up in arguing with the soccer captain to notice that the brunet was slowly losing his battle. When it became too much, Baekhyun shoved his tray over and sprinted out the hall, running so quickly that as he dropped to his knees in the bathroom stall, he skidded, burning them as his stomach churned everything out of his system.

He flushed the scene, turning as he opted to excuse himself from the sight of the vomit. Staggering out the stall, he managed to get himself to the sink, washing his mouth out before soaking his face. Eyes heavy, he closed them, thinking it would help with the minor disorientation, but it didn't.

The last thing he expected were hands on his shoulder. Turning his head, he met Chanyeol's eyes and a rush of embarrassment washed over him, but before he could address the feeling and reject the boy's presence, Chanyeol took him by his arm.

"We're going to the nurse's cabin."

"I'm fine," Baekhyun growled, pulling himself free. A nuisance is what he would've been if he stepped in the office. To him, it was a headache and a weak stomach. He had other options. "I'm going back to my cabin."

As he was turning in another direction, he heard Chanyeol let out a frustrated groan, but followed nonetheless. "For once, will you stop rejecting me!?" he asked. "They'll give you something to make you feel better!"

"I already vomited. I don't need anything else than to just lie down."

"Baekhyun, please." With his shoulders heaving, Chanyeol grit his jaw and reached forward, grabbing the brunet by the hand in a gentle fashion. "Pretend I'm Kyungsoo for once, and just—"

"I will not pretend as though you're him, Chanyeol," Baekhyun snapped, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "You're not him, and you will never be. And I never want you to be like him, so make your point, but don't you dare compare."

As if struck on the face, Chanyeol's cheeks flushed as he pulled his hand away. "Fine." He stopped walking and Baekhyun paused with his flow. "Go. But I'm going to the office and getting you something."

"Why?"

"Because you're sick!" Chanyeol justified, voice hiking up. "And the weather hasn't exactly been great, so it might get worse if we don't deal with it now. And—" He stepped forward, closing the gap between them and placed his palm firmly on the smaller male's open forehead. "And you're warm."

"Amazing. I'm alive and radiating heat off my forehead like a normal—"

"This isn't the time to be sarcastic," Chanyeol sighed, removing his hand. "Do you need any help getting there, at least?"

"No."

"Are you sure about that? I'm being serious, Baekhyun."

"Am I a child to you!?"