7

"But, actually, I'm afraid, I want to go back, but I have nowhere to go. I want to love, but I have no one to love, what am I supposed to do?"

~Crooked- G-Dragon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung licked his dry lips and swallowed. He wanted to look away, act like he hadn't heard her say that, but his body wouldn't listen to him, he just stood there, frozen as the two of them made their way over to him.

Jimin stood next to him, with his hands on his shoulders still, obviously not knowing what was going on.

The first girl, the one who'd called him crazy, twirled a strand of her long dyed blonde hair around her finger, she leaned on a rack of clothes, her brunette friend following and giggling. Taehyung couldn't remember their names, their names had been on a list of useless things he'd forgotten when he was in the mental hospital.

"What are you doing out of the Funny farm, huh? Thought you got a lifetime pass, or are they taking your sorry ass to jail?" The blonde said, a smirk on her face.

Taehyung looked away, looking at the floor. Why did they have to be here? Of all the people on the planet, why? He heard them giggle as he looked away, like he was just some kind of entertainment, a monkey that they knew would dance if they said the right words.

And Taehyung was doing exactly what they wanted, he couldn't help it.

Taehyung finally regained contact with his body and took a step forward, hoping to just walk away. But Jimin held him in place. Taehyung looked back at him, confused. Why would--?

Then he saw the look on Jimin's face, he was smirking, slightly biting his lip--he thought they were attractive, it was written all over his face. But hadn't he heard what they had said? Taehyung felt incredibly alone all of a sudden, just like the hospital, just like with his 'family', just like everywhere.

"Where do you think you're going, escapee?" The brunette one said, stepping up to Taehyung and giving him a poke to the shoulder. "You've got to scurry back to your doghouse soon, wouldn't want you to get lost, the pound is full!" She laughed, pushing him.

Taehyung felt his mouth twitch at her words. A Dog. Just some rabid dog, that's all I am to people, aren't I? He swallowed hard again, the action hurting his throat felt so tight.

Jimin let go of Taehyung's shoulders, taking a step toward the brunette. Taehyung tilted his head, watching as he pushed her. "Don't talk to him like that." Jimin said simply.

The blonde one laughed, while the brunette frowned. "Says who? You his new owner?" The brunette said, looking Jimin up and down.

"I said not to talk to him like that." Jimin repeated.

Taehyung was dumbstruck. He hadn't thought that Jimin would stick up for him, really, he'd thought Jimin was just playing along with what his mom wanted, nothing personal, nothing like he actually gave a damn.

"I'll take that as a yes." The blonde one said, leaning over the rack a little further. "Being his owner comes with responsibility, you know? You've got to be ready for anything."

Her brunette friend stepped away, giggling. And Taehyung couldn't help the feeling that that giggle was the most impish thing he'd ever heard, and that the two of them were plotting something.

Then she pushed the rack over. The whole thing tumbling down and mostly landing on Jimin, knocking him to the floor. Hangers, clothes, the rack itself, it all made a tremendous noise, obviously heard over the music, and Taehyung could feel everyone in the store look their way, from shopkeeps, to customers, everyone's eyes were on them.