28

"You shine so brightly, so perfect in every way. To me you're so beautiful, I want you. Just the way you are, you're the only one."

~Just Right-GOT7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At school the next day, when Taehyung opened his locker, a whole bunch of paper fell out. Most of it smelling like perfume. When Taehyung bent down to collect all the paper, Jimin sighed.

"Do you know what those are, at least? Mr. Sexy-with-endless-admirers?"

Taehyung kept picking up all the paper, getting it into a neat stack. Then he looked up at Jimin. "No, what are they?"

"Love notes." Jimin said simply.

Love notes? Why? No one's even talked to me... Wouldn't they buy into what Jae-hwa said? Like everyone else did? He took a look through the one on top, addressed to him with little hearts all around his name. "But they don't even..."

Jimin shrugged. "Girls are like that, they're probably just a bunch of notes saying they want to hang out with you or something. You don't have to read them..." Jimin drifted off, seeing that Taehyung was already reading them. "Dude, I thought you liked Hana."

"I do." Taehyung said, still reading, "But they wrote it for me to read." He didn't want to outright ignore anyone. He knew what it was like to be ignored, to have no one care, the way it hurt.

Jimin knelt down with Taehyung. "You're going to lead them on if you do that."

"No, I'm...not..." Taehyung stopped at a note with Hana's name on it. It didn't have any hearts on it, just a dozen smiley faces.

Kim Taehyung-ssi =)

My mom wants you to come over for cookies. You don't have to, but I also wanted to thank you for...everything =)

-Lee Hana

"Ooh, got something from Hana? She tell you how irresistible you are to her?" Jimin asked.

Taehyung shook his head, Still looking at her hand writing. "She...wants me to come over for cookies..." Taehyung couldn't say he understood why her mom would want that, or even why Hana wanted to thank him. He hadn't done anything. Jae-hwa still picked on her, and if Yoongi was around, he wouldn't let him stand up to her without beating him.

"Sounds like a play date, want me to text Eomma and let her know?" Jimin asked, already taking out his phone.

It had only been less then 24 hours, but since Mrs. Park had told him they planned on adopting him, Jimin referred to his mom like she was Taehyung's mom too, and it made Taehyung almost uncomfortable in a way. That word means a lot, I can't...not yet...not yet. "...Yeah, you can tell her..."

Jimin made kissy faces before standing up and sending the text. Taehyung took the remainder of the letters and notes and put them back in his locker. He could read the rest later.

"Whatcha doin'?" Jungkook asked, running up and getting kind of close kind of suddenly when his shoes skidded and he couldn't stop. Taehyung heard a teacher scold him and he bowed, apologizing, then turning back to Taehyung, his hair styled at a 3/4 part line today. "Ah, have the letters rained in already?"

Taehyung absently nodded, trying to get them to fit back in without falling out. He couldn't understand what any of these girls saw in him. Not at all.

"Well, you're cute, didn't you get all these before?" Jungkook asked.

"Before?" Before... He could remember being at an orphanage, everyone thinking he wasn't right in the head, because he was overly excited, overly happy. It scared them. Because he was the freak whose parents actually didn't want him. Everyone else's parents had died, or were deemed unfit. When Jae-hwa and her dad had adopted him, every one at the school had just made fun of him. No one had ever put letters in his locker unless they were to tell him he was better off dead.