44

"The way you cry, the way you smile. Do you know how much you mean to me? Words I want to say, words I lost..."

~Sing For You-EXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"T-tah-ie..."

Taehyung blinked. Where am I? What? First thing he saw waking up was a pair of deep brown eyes, and he took a sharp intake of breath in surprise, but as he realized who he was looking at, he sighed and relaxed. Just Hana. He stared at her, blinking for a second. Tah-ie? Tae? Were you trying to say my name?

He closed his eyes for another second. It was dark, quiet, it must have been the middle of the night. I must have fallen asleep by accident...

He opened his eyes, again, Hana was looking at him, then he looked around the room a bit as his eyes adjusted. This was his room, which made sense, really, he remembered going in there sometime before. Marshmallow was curled up by his shoulder, his face not visible, just looking like a white ball of fluff.

Taehyung was going to get up, but then he realized Hana was on top of him, something he hadn't been awake enough to realize before. Wait, what happened? That hadn't happened, right? I... He took a second to remember what had happened, thinking over last night.

He remembered watching a movie with everyone, Kyung-mi coming home mid-way actually in a good mood, then about then, Taehyung went to put his jacket and tie away from his school uniform, because they were getting a little uncomfortable to keep on, but he remembered Hana followed, after that...

He hung up the jacket, and was putting the tie in his drawer when Hana reached around his waist and tickled him. After that he remembered laughing and taking a step backwards without meaning to, making Hana lose her balance and land on his bed, Taehyung following and landing on his back on top of her, to which she made a little squeak.

After apologizing for accidentally momentarily crushing her, it turned into a sort of tickling war. He couldn't remember exactly how he ended up in his current position with her, but it seemed like the only thing that happened was tickling and sleeping.

Hana's eyes darted over to the clock, displaying the time in red, block, luminescent letters. 4:23AM.

"My mom's going to be mad." Hana mouthed.

"Hana-ssi... It's okay..." Taehyung started, his voice still sleepy and sounding almost slurred.

Hana shook her head and started to pull away from him, but Taehyung took hold of her wrists and pulled her back on top of him. Hana stared wide-eyed at him, her cheeks turning pink.

"Ah...Sorry..." Taehyung started, he could feel his face getting hot. Why did I do that? "D-don't go, Hana... It's too late, and it's dark, and... I don't know if I'll see you again..." He hugged her tighter. "Please don't go...Jagiya."

Taehyung bit his lip and closed his eyes. Jagiya. Maybe I shouldn't have used that word, that was too soon, she'll think I'm being insincere...

Hana kissed his cheek and he opened his eyes to see her mouth the words, "You're leaving? Why?"

Taehyung took a deep breath. Hana was the only person who didn't know, and in that sense, he felt like he was lying to her. But how would he say that now? That he'd been in a mental hospital, that everyone thought he was crazy, that he'd killed his Appa to save a girl that only wanted to damn him?

"I...I don't want to...but I think...I'll have to, and if--."

Marshmallow suddenly shot up, barking and leaping off the bed, stepping on them as he went tearing toward the door, and then down the hallway.