19

"Why are you shaking up my heart?"

~Boy In Luv-BTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung laid on the floor, petting and playing with Marshmallow until Mrs. Park called his name. He put the charm back in his pants pocket. He hadn't changed his clothes at all, but he went downstairs anyway, carrying Marshmallow with him.

At the moment, the poodle was the only definite friend he had, he doubted the poodle cared if he'd killed someone, or if he'd been an orphan, or that he'd been in a mental hospital.

He carried the poodle in the kitchen, where Mrs. Park was standing. She frowned when she saw him. "Taehyung, isn't that uniform uncomfortable?"

"It's alright." Taehyung shrugged. Then he set Marshmallow down on the floor and the dog went off to eat the food in his dog bowl. Taehyung went over and sat at the dining table.

He was surprised when he felt Mrs. Park's hand on his shoulder. "I'm serious, do you need to talk about anything, Taehyung? It's not good to keep it to yourself if you're scared.

Taehyung chewed his lip. I'm not scared...I'm not crazy. I'm okay...I'm okay... He shook his head.

Mrs. Park ruffled Taehyung's hair, rubbing locks of it between her fingers, then she set a bowl of vanilla ice cream in front of him, at least a dozen cherries over the top of it.

Taehyung took the spoon stuck in it and put a spoonful in his mouth. Jae-hwa tried to get me arrested today. Jimin called me his brother, Jungkook had defended him. He liked the feeling of the cold cream on his tongue, not so much the cold feeling on his teeth, but it tasted nice.

"You want chocolate? Bananas? Sprinkles?" She asked smiling when he took another spoonful of ice cream and put it in his mouth.

Taehyung nodded. Mrs. Park giggled, then went to go get them. Giggled? Why? Did I do something stupid? Taehyung took the spoon, looking in it's silver reflection. He had ice cream on his nose. He wiped it off with his finger and then licked the ice cream off.

Mrs. Park set a bottle of chocolate syrup, a jar of sprinkles and a plate of sliced bananas on the table. "How could anyone think you were dangerous?" She asked quietly.

Taehyung didn't look up. He wanted to believe he wasn't dangerous. But he knew why other people thought he was. He'd scared himself when he stabbed Appa. He'd never thought of hurting anyone, not even then, he wasn't sure what possessed him to pick up that bottle. He'd wanted to stop him from hurting Jae-hwa but...not like that...

When he thought of it, he hadn't even said one word to him upon walking in before he grabbed the bottle, he hadn't said anything until after it was done. He couldn't remember what he was thinking at the time.

Taehyung added the sweets to the ice cream absently. He could almost see why Jae-hwa acted how she did, how everyone acted how they did, he was upset with himself too.

~~~

When Jimin and Kyung-mi came home from school, Mrs. Park was on the phone. she'd been on the phone almost the whole time, talking to a lot of different people, sounding annoyed talking to most of them. By the time Jimin and Kyung-mi had come in the kitchen, she was just exasperated, leaning on the kitchen counter, flipping through a cookbook as she held the phone to her ear.

"That's not good enough, shove those damn papers in his face, he needs to see the proof tomorrow...Well, if he's so busy, then he sure had time to pull him out of school and drive him home."