Chapter 16

Tris POV: 

Yesterday was the full moon and as predicted Alison's mother is dead. She wasn't at school today. I just wish I be there for her but the hunters would kill me. I know what she's going though, losing a mother. When my family burned in the fire it wasn't easy for me to cope since I was young when it all happened. 

Alison POV: 

I don't know what else to do other than scream and cry my eyes out until there are no more tears. I spent the whole day at home hoping, praying  that I will wake up and all this will be just a nightmare. But no. I don't wake up. It is a nightmare. A living nightmare. And the worst part of it all is that I didn't get to say goodbye to her. If I would have known that the last time I saw her, the last time I spoke to my mother was truly going to be the last time I would have made it count. Now all I can think about is what I could have said, what didn't say.

I hear a knock on the door. I don't want to see anyone right now but don't want to be alone either. 

" Come in." My voice comes out weak from all my screams. Gerard comes in with an envelope in his hands. 

"I just came here to give you this letter your mother left for you. And to be honest with you if my mother said these words to me I would be furious. I wouldn't stop until I got justice for what they did to her."  He says as he puts the letter in front of me. 

"Thank you." I say and he leaves. I open the envelope and take out the letter. 

Dear Alison, 

I hate the fact I can't tell you all of this face to face but it will have to do. I'm sorry I had to leave you but you know that if I didn't  do it the hunters would have and I prefer to die on my own terms at my own hands. I know that you will be a great leader to the hunters. You are strong and you will do great great things. You've known me not to really be one of those people to pour my hart out especially  in a letter but I just want you to know that I will always be with you. I love you, Alison, never forget that. 

~ with love mom 

I can't take it anymore more, I let out a scream in frustration. I clear my desk and start to set up my weapons. Derek and his pack have gone too far this time and now they must pay the consequences.  

I go down stairs to find everyone sitting in the living room. 

" Well, what do you all think your doing. We have work to do." They smile at me once I say this. I'm finally stepping up and being a leader to the hunters. 

AN: Hey guys. Please don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share. Be Brave Initiates!