Chapter 28

Scott POV:

As I walked through the halls of the school with Lydia and Tris, I was caught up in my thoughts.

Did we make the right decision granting the gang access to sit in on pack meetings? 

What are we going to do about the alpha pack? 

I have to protect the pack at all cost. That is the only thing i'm sure of. 

I know Tris is uneasy. I can feel it. They all are. All of them except the gang. We try our best to make sure they're protected and not dragged into all of this. I appreciate their concern and eagerness to help. However I don't think I would ever be able to for give myself if something happened to them. 

We walked out of the school and into the parking lot.  The pack and the gang were across the lot waiting for us by our vehicles. As we made our way over we were stopped. Ethan. I should have known that the alpha pack was going to do something. They had been silently watching us for a long time. They were bound to act out at some point or another. 

"Scott. Can I speak to you in private for a moment?" He looked at me expectantly. I felt Tris tense up next to me. I gave her and Lydia a reassuring look before walking off with Ethan.

"Whats going on?" I got right to the point once we were far enough away from the others. 

" I have a message from Deucalion." He began. I nodded signaling him to continue. " Deucalion wants to meet up. There's an old abandoned super store/mall. I'll text you the address.He just wants to talk, nothing more. Just you, Tris, and him, don't bring anyone with you. He'll come alone as well" He didn't wait for me to respond, he just left. I'll have to let the others know.

Tris POV:

We had just gotten home from school when Scott pulls me aside. We got off the couch and walked into the next room, leaving the pack and the gang in the living room of the loft. Everyone except Derek and his pack were here.

"I wanted to talk to you about what Ethan said." Scott started " Deucalion wants to talk. Just him, you, and me. Ethan texted me where we're meeting and at what time. As you know well enough, I don't trust them. That's why I already asked Derek to come with his pack. " I look up at him. Should I go? Should I stop him from going. I don't trust Deucalion but if this talk can potentially lead to peace then I have no choice. 

" What are we going to tell the pack and the gang?"

" We'll tell them that we're calling a pack meeting when we get back. Just tell them we have to take care of something. We'll tell them what happened after the meeting with Deucalion. If we let them know who we're seeing they are going to want to tag along." And that's exactly what we did. They all had questions of course. 

Where are you going? Who are you seeing? What do you have to take care of? We should come with you just in case. 

" We will let you know about everything that happens at the pack meeting tonight. See you all soon." I dismissed all their questions and protest. 

~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the place we were supposed to meet Deucalion. The super store was abandoned. And remote. On the inside there was rubble and dust everywhere. The only light came from a small skylight. But even with that little light the place was still dim. We reached a wide opening. There standing tall on a broken down escalator stood Deucalion himself. Alone as promised. I tried to reassure my self that it would be okay. That Derek and his pack would come in if something went wrong.

" Ah. Scott, Tris glad to see you came." He spoke. He had his cane in hand and sunglasses still on his face. Scott was about to reply before we noticed Deucalion go rigid.