Chapter 29

Tris POV: 

I wake to the sounds of low talking. I look around to see everyone is there either talking, eating breakfast, or still asleep.  I look over to Scott who I was just asleep on. He looked over at me and smiled lightly. His hair was messy and he had two coffees in his hands. 

"Morning, Stiles got us some coffee. How'd you sleep?" He said as he handed me the other cup in his hand.  I took a sip and closed my eyes of a second, savoring the taste.

" I've had better nights. Did Deaton say anything yet?" I ask hopefully.

" Yeah actually. He says that it was hard but they're going to be okay. It's going to take them 2 or 3 days to fully heal so until then  he recommends lots of bed rest and nothing too extreme. I let out a sigh of relief. 

~~~~Time Laps~~~~~

As Derek sleeps up stairs in his room I go down to the living room. I sit on the couch I can't help but replay the events that happened last night. Derek almost died. I almost lost him. Hell we all could have died. I'm taken out of my thoughts by a knock at the door.

I got up off the couch and walk over to the loft door. I open it to the one and only Tobias. 

" Hey. I hope this wasn't a bad time to drop by." He says. I simply shake my head and step aside, letting him in. I sit on the couch and he sits in the chair opposite from me.

" Just wanted to come here to check up on you guys and see how your doing. I can only imagine that this was all very hard for you. Both of you." Tobias starts.

" Thank you.  And we're doing just fine by the way. Derek's upstairs sleeping right now. How's the gang?" I ask curiously. I haven't seen them since this morning at the clinic. And even then they still didn't talk much. I'm sure they are not happy with the pack after what we did. Derek almost died and they now that could have been any or all of us.  

" Angry. Well at least at first but I think now they're just glad that everyone's okay and came out alive." He gives me a reassuring smile. Our eyes meet. I look into those blue orbs and get lost in them. 

" Enjoying the view?"He laughs. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah sure." I scoffed. Our laughing died down and he paused. He leans in a bit, not taking his eyes off me. Warmth spreads across my lips. I don't think. I just kiss back. At this moment all my surroundings faded away. All my troubles and worries just gone. 

We pull away a bit but just enough to rest our foreheads against each other. He gives me another brilliant smile. I look down trying to hide the blush that is surely on my cheeks. Tobias lets out a deep chuckle. We fully pull apart when my phone rings. I didn't not expect any of that to happen at all. I looked down to see who is calling and see the words LYDIA written above her picture. I quickly pick up and answer.

" Hey, whats up." I greet.

" Hey Tris. I just wanted to let you know that we met up with the gang and we're headed over to your place to see how Derek's doing. " Lydias sweet voice comes out from the other line.

" Great. I'll see you in a bit." And with that I hang up. I fill in Tobias about the pack and gang coming over, then I head upstairs to check up on Derek. 

AN: Hey guys! Please don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share. Be Brave Initiates!