High School Crush

Soul lounged on the public library couch, fumbling with his hands. The coolest guy at high school was now at a library fantasizing over a flat-chested bookworm who didn't even glance up from her book. The only interaction she did was chew on her seashell lip and run her eyes across the long lines of her book. Her eyes were longing to know what happened to the characters in her book, like pleading for them to have a heroine save the day and get the girl.

Maka watched as the boy with chalky hair flopped on the couch, several times, trying to get comfortable. Maka will never understand why a boy like him would be at a library on a Saturday. She looked up slightly from her book to get a glimpse of the absurd boy. He fumbled with his fingers and ogled the floor. His hair flopped to the side when he adjusted his headband that snugged his head almost perfectly. His eyes were a beautiful crimson which lead Maka on. Can't say that this boy wasn't attractive.

The abate boy glared at his hands, staring at them didn't help him distract himself from the girl only inches away from him. She sat at a round library table across from the couch that Soul sat on. Her legs caressed against each other that really distracted him. The auricomous girl was dressed in jean shorts and a striped t-shirt. Her hair was pulled into tight, twin pigtails that flowed loose around her face. She was peaceful and hot at the same time, kind of scary if Soul wasn't lying. The girl was defiantly calm but seemed to have fire in her eyes that Soul couldn't break. And her eyes, they were a forest green shade that fit her frame nicely.

Maka looked up from her book and caught sight of the boy across from her. He rested against his elbow and lazily looked at her. The boy's eyes shot open when he noticed her giving him a questioning look. Maka turned her head from side to side in search of what the guy wanted. There was nothing around them but cluttered books and her table. She looked back at the boy who shuffled up to her. Maka was surprised at how fast he could move.

"Uh, hey." The bloody eyed boy placed a hand behind his head.

"Hi." Maka said mouth agape. She'd never seen someone with red eyes before. This boy got more interesting every time he breathed and all Maka could do was stare. 

"Sorry for, um, staring at you." Soul tried to say as cool as possible. A stutter peaked through his voice and he cringed at how flimsy he sounded. Maka smile up at the boy, lifting some awkwardness in the air.

"It's cool." She said easily as she returned to her book. Maka liked talking to the boy but she was at a good part in her book.

The boy sat down across from her, gazing at her countenance. She really was intriguing; her face fit her voice perfectly. Her voice fit her body perfectly. Soul mentally slapped himself for his perverted thoughts; he had only just met this girl.

"I'm Soul." He offered to get attention from her. She raised her eyebrow before sighing and wedging a bookmark in her book. Maka knew if she started talking to this boy she won't want to stop.

"I'm Maka." She let her hand fly towards Soul which he accepted.

"So, mind going with me to a 'get too know you' date?" He forced his chair back. Maka looked at Soul, then her book, Soul, then her book. She had only met this boy and he was already flirting with her with his scintillating smirk. Maka let out a sigh before returning the book to its proper shelf and returning to Soul

Maka placed her arm around his and strode out the library. Both their faces tinted a small shade of pink as the two headed towards the coffee shop down the street. Why were they so skittish? It was only a high school crush.