Graduation

Soul slumped up the long staircase to DWMA. This was it, graduation day had snuck up on Soul. The halls would be filled with parents and family members congratulating their children. Soul would be the only one without a parent there to support them on his future decision, staying with Maka or leaving for college. Soul, and almost the whole school, had already decided that he would stay with the girl that sparked his soft side. The girl who lived with him through thick and thin. The girl? Maka Albarn.

"Soul!" A bright voice called to her beloved. Maka rushed up the remainder of the steps to catch up to her partner. Soul was wearing a tux, white shirt, black pants, and black tie. Her hair was ruffled but had smears of gel in between his tuffs. His eyes were lazy until he saw her. Maka wore an elegant black, tight dress that hugged her curves just right. It had sleeves that went a third of the way down her arm. Her hair hung in loose curls down her back, her bangs being held back by a sparkling gem.

When Maka neared Soul he was surprised when she leaped into his arm, causing him to stumble backwards. Soul regained his balance and hugged his miester. Her scent filled the air, strawberries. Maka then squirmed out of his grip and looked at him. Soul gave a hurt expression, he never wanted that hug to end, before her hands lifted to his hair, smoothing it out. The gel had made his hair stick up in some places but not all of it. The weapon eyed her as she worked away on his hair. Maka ushered him to follow her to the auditorium. Soul was stunned from her actions a moment ago so he didn't move at first, his face was a light shade of red from her being so close to his face. Soul could even feel her warm breathe upon his cool lips. The girl rolled her eyes and grabbed his hand tugging him along the hallway. There were slight, 'Hi, Maka' 's as she rampaged through the hall. When the partners first came to DWMA they had their small group of friends. Now, Maka was pretty popular with some fangirls and boys who drooled over her when she trained or fought. Soul also had fangirls but not as much as Maka, which crept him out.

Maka swirled her body around and gripped both his arms together, dragging him to the large auditorium. When did she get so cute? Through the years Maka has...changed. In a good way. Her tough exterior was broken down by Soul long ago. She finally opened up to people and actually became more girly. She didn't just wear her plaid shirt anymore, she now wore a lot of nice summer dresses. In Soul's opinion, she looked hot either way. Maka even shook it up a bit and wore light makeup, on good days. The miester was even into cheesy romance movies on T.V. It was crazy how the tough, thirteen year old changed to a loving adult. Maka had turned eighteen last month and was over the top when her birthday consisted of her voting and being a legally licensed adult. Yep, Maka was still that cute, little bookworm from her teenage years. And Soul loved her, all of her. 

"Come on, Soul." She picked up the pace as the crowd split for them to move. They entered the large auditorium for the ceremony. Maka had heard from her mother that she would attend her graduation, it was to good to be true. Maka's father was already waiting for the partners to arrive with a women beside him. Maka rushed towards her father, dropping Soul's hand and clashing with her parents. The weapon stood from afar and watched the small reunion. Maka's mother was more beautiful then he imagined. She wore an elegant bun and was surprising tall for a women. Her purple dress flowed to her angles and was laced with glittery heels. Maka hugged her mother and for the first time in a long time, Soul saw his partner cry a real tear. Maka didn't cry the tears she cried when they watched sad movies or when she had nightmares. Maka Albran cried a genuine tear. 

"Mom, you made it." Maka beamed at her mother. 

"Of course I did, sweetie." The mother looked up from her beloved daughter to lay eyes on Soul who noted the scene. Maka's mother leaned over to her daughter and whispered something in her ear which lit Maka's face up like a Christmas tree. She playfully pushed her mother away before shouting, "Mom!" The lady giggled and waved towards Soul's direction. The oblivious weapon looked around for anyone then pointed to himself. The women nodded and muffled her giggle with her hand. Maka stood beside her mother and clasped her hands in front of her, still a light shade present above her nose. Soul walked cautiously towards his battlefield. He could do this, he could handle talking to the women his love adored. Yeah, Soul loved Maka and everyone knew it, except the blonde herself. He's loved her since she defeated the kishin, he then realized how brave she really was. The scythe didn't only find it astonishing but also attractive. Soul made his way to the family, taking slow steps. Spirit held his glare on Soul while Maka's mother warm eyes sent relief to him.