Chickity

Soul eagerly waged his ivory tail as he waited patiently behind the tall grass. He had been waiting for hours for his little Chickity to come and play. Ever since they became partners they were inseparable. Whenever Maka wasn't around he became anxious and inpatient.

"Soul?" A voice rang in his ears. The sound of her melancholy voice caused his ears to perk up. A small flicker of red lit up the field as Maka, the Phoenix, started to heat up. Her flame blinded Soul for a second as she felt her body presence near him. The heat was already intense and her fire was added more sweat among Soul's brow.

Maka couldn't deny it, she was worried for her partner. Soul had said he wanted to meet with her and talk. The phoenix had been ecstatic when he asked her and flickered her light so everyone could see her happiness. There was only one problem now, where was Soul?

"Soul?" She called out again. There was still no answer from her partner as her cries became more frantic. She was always worried for him when it should be the other way around. Maka could prove she isn't weak to anyone, Soul let his weaknesses shine easily. The main weakness being Maka. She almost missed it but she saw some puffy, white hair hide behind a patch of tall grass only a few feet away. She snickered and called for him again, there was no answer. She smirked to herself as her plan was set in action. Maka spread her fire lit wings and glided through the air, careful not to make a sound or shade the abaasy. Maka quietly crept behind Soul as he waited for her. His face filled with worry from the lost flame in the field. Is someone scared he lost me? She teased herself. In a swift movement Maka lunged herself towards Soul, knocking him  and herself on the ground. They rolled for a while till Maka pinned Soul down, now straddling the poor dragon.

"The hunter has been hunted this time." Maka whispered in his ear, huskily. He smirked at her before planting a kiss on her lips teasingly not that she complained. The Phoenix was shocked it gave Soul the chance to pounce on her, tumbling over one another till Soul was on top, toying with her hair.

"The tables have turned, Chickity." He whispered in her ear as he pinned her down. She giggled as Soul got off of her and dusted off his pants.

"You wanna go get dinner?" He asked as he intertwined their hands. The birds face lit up as a flame emerged from her eyes and nodded. When they arrived at the burger shop Soul, being a gentlemen, ordered for Maka. Maka thanked him, even though he messed up how she liked her burger.

The couple quenched their thirst when the waiter handed them twin glasses. Soul noticed the tall, dirty blonde hair waiter eye Maka, a disgusting look on his face. Soul bared his iron teeth when Maka wasn't look at the waiter that sent him running to the kitchen. The demon, now proud, started a light conversation with his lover.

The waiter came back a few minutes later and set two burgers down on the checkered table. The waiter winked at Maka before leaving. She picked up her plate to find a small, folded paper with scribbled numbers printed on the front. The girl had a small hint of pink on her cheek as she ate her burger.

"Excuse me. I have to go take a leak." Soul said through gritted teeth trying not to murder anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maka waited for Soul as he paid for them. She argued that it was her turn to pay for the bill but he insisted that he was going to be a gentlemen. Soul emerged from the bathroom,taking another leak, muttering a lace of curses why glaring at the floor.

"Soul? What's wrong?" Maka asked him with concern. She knew why he was mad, Soul always got jealous when a guy even glanced at her, she didn't mind though.

"How could you not notice." Soul said with hurt eyes. He fumbled with the zipper on his coat, eyes shinning from thinking to much about the slip of paper. "That guy was flirting with you."

"Soul," she moved closer to him, placing a hand on the side of his face. "I don't care if that guy flirts with me because I only have my eyes on you." Her heart does a skip before she realized what she said might have been sudden. Soul looked at her with wide eyes, mouth agape. The pair acted like a couple but it was never official, even if the whole school was routing for them. They all knew Maka was completely off the market taken by her best friend.

Finally Soul smirks and hugs her quickly, making sure the whole restaurant can see them. There were a few hushed whoops and encouraging claps. It wasn't like they were kissing or anything. Static still buzzed in Maka's head as Soul's arms groped her body. She could feel his muscles tense as she breathed against his neck, causing him to shiver. Maka was warm, her being a literal ball of warmth, and always eased Soul's mid.

"Also, we might want to run." Soul said as he pulled away from the warm girl in front of him. Maka didn't want to break the contact with Soul but she gave him a questioning look.

"R-Run?" She asked still flustered from the enchanting embrace.

He scratched the back of his neck. "Uh, yeah. I may have beat up the waiter before I went to take a leak. I think he's going to call the cops." He grabbed her hand while running out of the restaurant. The phoenix curses could be heard from down the streets as the restaurant went back to their causal eating hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is dedicated to Thefluffyotaku cause her books literally slay.

She also wrote a book and my one shot is based on this so I DONT OWN THIS BOOK IDEA. I made the one shot with soul and Maka doing something cute and I'm sorry if it's not like the book she wrote I just love it so much. Idk if it's good and I feel like I offended her so....sorry

But ya follow her cause her one shots and books are awesome.

Bye~