Marry You?

Soul developed a large tic mark above his eyebrows when he continued to knock on Maka's door. The stubborn miester locked herself in her room, studying for a test that was two weeks away. Her persistence to studying was a obsession, obsession was an understatement. She locked herself in the damn room three days ago. Three! The irked weapon tapped a soft knock on his partner's door. Soul knew if she was sleeping and his knocking woke her up, he'd be Maka-chopped into next week.

"Uh, Maka." Soul's knuckles repeated his actions.

Silence.

"Maka, you awake?" Soul's fingers grasped the golden knob that held the sharp student, he didn't hear her soft breaths when she normally slept. He knew she could hear him; she always resulted in silence when she was agitated with him.

Silence.

"I'll kick down the door." He said his voice hoarse.

Silence.

Soul's tic mark grew as his partner sat in silence, too lazy to get up and open the door. The knob was ripped open as Soul thrusted the door against the wall. "Maka, I know you-" A encyclopedia found its way on Soul's head, embedded it deep so he'd be bruised in the morning. Maka lifted her book from Soul's head, his knees felt weak and dropped to the ground. The miester dusted her book before placing it on the night stand beside her bed. Soul let the blood circulate through his head properly before letting out a groan.

"What the hell, Maka?" The demon gripped his head making his hair stick out even more. Maka knew he was about to go to bed because he was shirtless and clad in boxers. She shrugged her shoulders for her answer before flopping on the bedsheet she longed for. She hadn't slept in a day and she needed rest. Everyone needed rest to survive but with studying and Soul's persistent annoyance parade she barely got any. Honesty, it was like Soul was child always bothering his mother for stupid things like peeling an orange, which Soul had complained about this morning.

Soul slid over to Maka and rested against the soft material of her bed. His eyes wandered up her physique that laid face down on her pillow. Her face was smushed against the green striped pillow that cascaded into the sheets. The miester sucked in a gulp of air before turning over and laughing. Maka's facial features turned to a bubbly expression that tingled Soul's heart. She was so relaxed now for her former face that scowled at him.

"Why are you so happy?" Soul teased and rested against the palm of his hand on her bed, his legs dangled over the comforter. Her giggles echoed against the apartment walls.

"Sometimes I just feel like marring my bed." Maka's giggles started to fade but the demon's grimace was still locked on his miester's. When Soul didn't respond to her playful voice she picked up her head to see him give her a look that made her stomach twitch. He looked pissed. "Soul?"

"You are not marrying your bed." Soul said between clenched teeth. Maka gave a dumb founded look.

"Huh?"

"You're not marrying your bed because your marrying me." He said, his eyes still filled with molten lava that burned right through hers. Maka took a minute to process the previous dramatic scene. His tough guy interior was slowly demolishing in Maka's eyes. She then tightened her fist; he was acting scary to toy with her feelings.

"You Baka!" Her fist found Soul's forehead and made contact, sending him tumbling off the bed. "If you're going to mess with someone go get Blair." She huffed.

Soul grumbled a string of curses as he picked himself off the floor. His eyes found hers which were burning with fire from his comment. He challenged her by scooting on top of her small frame, enclosing her body with his. Maka knew what was happening and somehow she felt her soul have a wanting feeling. She wanted this. Soul leaned against his elbows that held him upright, his face only inches from hers. The ignition from his lips was overwhelming. They were warm and fired from his soul taking over, taking control of his actions as he slipped his hands along her thighs. They pulled away needing air but still let their bodies stay only a foot away from each other's.

The rest of the night was spent cuddling, telling each other they would pull through, and having a make out session every once in a while. This couple wasted no time in showing each other they loved one other and needed them dearly.