I'm Saying I Love You

Maka tapped her foot against her carpet in her room. Her eyes scanned the multiple lines of her resonance homework. The room was completely silent which worried Maka. Where had Soul gone? Normally he'd be lounging around snoring on the couch or watching t.v. Come to think of it, Maka hadn't seen him all day. Was he still in bed? The miester worried about her weapon till she couldn't concentrate anymore. If he was just being lazy in his room she was going to be mad.

The blonde rocked her seat back thinking of Soul. It was now four in the afternoon and she hadn't seen him all day. Was he even in the apartment? Normally on Saturdays he'd hang out with Black*Star at the courts but she hadn't heard him leave. Could he have slithered out during the day? No, he would have bothered her before leaving, begging for attention like a dog. Maybe he had left, Maka did wake up later then normal.

The miester leaned back further in her chair testing her luck. Her mind flashed a piercing image as she flung backwards in her chair. Did he leave without her?

Maka feel to the ground, breaking her back on the chair. It made sense, Soul hated to tell Maka where he was going in general, usually Maka would just follow him. It was like a cat and mouse thing, Soul would run around begging for attention from the cat. If nothing would happen he'd leave thus sparking the cats interest and following him.

"You bastard!" Maka screamed to herself. She picked her frail body of the chair and scrambled to her door.Her hand flung the door open and scuffed to Soul's door. When she reached his end of the hallway she drove the door into his wall, cracking it slightly. Maka was furious, god did he have to be such an idiot? Why does it matter if he leaves without her? What if he's on a date or worse, what if he's planning on doing a mission without her. If he was planning something without Maka she was going to-to, uh, clean his room..! Soul hated when she entered his room, cleaning it was a bonus for not telling her if he leaves. It's not being overprotective, it's him doing his job as a weapon and involving the miester with plans and such. Maka sure doesn't care-

Soul rolled over in his bed and laid droopy eyes on his miester. "Maka?" His voice was hoarse and rasped slightly. Soul let a furry of coughs escape his mouth before closing his dim orbs. He looked awful, his hair was messier then usual, but still very attractive, and eyes seemed to have lost some color. The boy's clothes were clung to his body from sweat.

"S-Soul? I thought you were-Never mind. Are you okay?" Maka walked over to her weapon and felt his tingling forehead. Soul was burning up, rapidly. She retracted her hand and skidded to the bathroom. Her hands fumbled for a thermionic and any bottles that could help; pain, stomach, and fever. When she returned to her partner's room she scampered to his side and placed a chair next to his bed. Maka rested against the chair and stuck the thermometer in his mouth. Soul's eyes flew open and attempted to throw the thermometer out of his mouth.

"Don't you dare." Soul grumbled ad waited for the slight beeping of the small stick. Maka lifted the thermometer out of his mouth. He had a 101 fever. "Soul, you have a fever."

"Kind of got that." He coughed again. Maka's eyebrow twitched in irritation as her weapon grumbled some words.

"Need anything?" She said through gritted teeth. Soul looked up at her with tired eyes.

"Nope, can't think of anything." He rested his head against his pillow, letting the pillow engulf his head. Soul's comforter was the same shade as his eyes which always intrigued  Maka.

"You sure?" Maka asked, leaning over her weapon. Maka was playing with him. This was the only way to get her weapon's attention, she knew all his weaknesses. When Soul opened an eye his face darkened a slight shade of pink. Maka was right above him, her chest right next to his-Soul cut himself off and pulled a pillow over his head. "Soul?" Maka gripped the pillow off his head and moved it to the side.

"What do you think-" Maka placed her forehead against his, teasing him. "Your burning up again." Soul placed his hands on her face and pushed her away, gritting his shark teeth together.

"Personal space, Maka. Besides I don't want you to get sick too." He fumbled with some words. Maka frowned at Soul. He was acting odd again, this has been going on for a while now. Maka would get near him and he'd push her away. "Oh, alright." The green-eyed girl said with no expression. Soul tensed as Maka turned her heel and fled his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soul reached for his pillow as he sluggishly left his room. After his fight with Maka his body gave in to the sickness and he drowsed off. Maka was on the couch reading the same book from yesterday. Bored already with how his miester pertained her normal activity he walked over to her. Soul signaled for her to scoot over as she obligated but let out a loud sigh. The once quiet apartment was filled with her sighs and irritation grunts as Soul continuously poked her.

"Soul, I thought you were sick." Maka said behind her book.

"I'm feeling much better." He proudly stated. Maka was not so happy her weapon was better, well sort of. When Soul was sick he was quiet, when he was awake he annoyed her. Soul's eyes lazily scanned Maka as she vigorously read each line. Her eyes darted to the boy across from her making faces at her.

"Soul, if your always going to annoy me-"

"I don't always annoy you." Maka slammed her book shut.

"Yes you do, Soul. Your always annoying me. What is that going to solve?" Maka was on her feet now scowling at her partner. "Jeez, your always either hiding things from me or annoying? Pretty lousy partner." She muttered the last part.

Snap.

Soul sprung up and grabbed Maka's shoulders. How could she say that? Soul gave her a terrifying look that spread across his face. Maka's eyes widened as she realized Soul was actually mad. Of course he would be mad she just insulted him about always working to protect her.

"Maka! What the hell is wrong with you? I'm the lousy partner? I work my ass off to please you and protect you. Hell, I even cook for you. You know how hard that is for me? Can't you see I do all these things for you, and only you. God, can't you see I do it because I like you." Maka's expression softened as Soul kept the hard glare. His crimson eyes swirled with hate and love at the same time. He had confessed to her but insulted her. Good going, Soul.The weapon released Maka's shoulders and apologized.

"Soul, are you-"

"Yeah, I am. Maka, I'm saying that I love you." Soul grabbed her small hand that had fallen to the side. Maka repealed her hand from Soul's.

"Gonna take a lot more than saying I love you for me to forgive you." Maka stuck out her tongue and sauntered into her room, shutting the door.

Soul chuckled to himself. This was just like last night, them insulting each other before giving the petty I love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soul knocked on Maka's door, "Hey, Maka, can I come in?" There was a slight hum before Soul opened the door letting himself in. He set the tray of popcorn and sodas on her nightstand. maka picked up her head to look a him. Soul plucked his computer from her dresser, where he left it earlier that day, and scooted next to her on her bed. She was entangled in blankets as Soul entangled himself in some blankets too. The ivory haired weapon grabbed a soda for her and set the popcorn bowl between them. He hit play on the new episode of Criminal Minds for Maka and let Maka rest her head on his shoulder. Soul leaned against her head too and smiled down at her.

"Am I forgiven?"

"I think so."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, how was it? I'm sorry for the excuse of planning something. I was going to do something like him going on a date but it would ruin the plot twist. Your welcome for that by the way.

Anyway.

I'm doing as much as I can this weekend. I have plans this week so its hard to update.

Comment.

Vote.

Arsenic~