Cinnamon

Soul laid lazily on the couch as he flipped through the channels on the T.V. When he finally found something somewhat decent he heard patters of footsteps glide across the floor and enter the kitchen. Soul glanced behind him to find his miester draped in a blanket three times her size. Soul chuckled slightly at how adorable she looked with a blanket. His stomach did a little turn when he noticed dark, circled streaked under her eyes.

Soul jumped off the couch and walked over to his partner. Maka had been fumbling for the box of oats perched on the top of the cabinet, a foot above her reach. The demon walked over to the angel and stretched to get the box for her. She looked at him with drained eyes that were barren without the normal green they pertained.

"Soul?" She questioned, but it was hard to understand because a yawn interjected between his name. The bags were more visible under her eyes and Soul felt a tinge of pain in his chest, he hated to see his miester exhausted.

"Maka," he started, "you need help?" He asked with a soft voice. She nodded and pulled her blanket around her frame tighter. It was obvious she was up all night studying for a test, which was two weeks away. Soul pulled a pot out of the cabinet and set it on the burner. He flipped a dial to medium and put some water in the pot. Soul raised an eyebrow at the delicate partner who fumbled with the cabinet door.

Maka reached higher to get the cinnamon, now on her tip toes. She puffed out her cheeks in frustration as her legs wouldn't grow to help her in her time of need. Just as she started to get a hold of the glass bottle strong arms wrapped around her torso hoisting her up even higher. Maka blushed as she found Soul letting her rest her bottom on his shoulder while his hands gripped around her legs, steading her.

"Get the cinnamon already." He grunted under her weight. Who knew such a small girl could weight so much. She nodded and reached to get the bottle that was scooted to the backside of the chiffonier. The simple task would have been a lot easier if her hands weren't trembling from Soul's grip around her thighs. Soul rarely let anyone touch him or touched anyone else, unless he was in weapon form where he would allow her to fight with him. It was rare but when Soul was sick or down he would let Maka nurse him and let him touch his forehead or rub his back.

Maka wasn't paying attention to her fingers which had become sweaty from nerves. Her arm knocked over the glass and spilled all its contents over her and Soul. Soul stumbled backwards causing Maka to shake and grab his hair. Soul grunted as she yanked on his bed head. The scythe ended up slipping and tumbled down, taking her with him. Soul grumbled some words after he landed on his butt. He rubbed his bottom side before he snapped his eyes open that layed on his miester. Maka was laying on top of him, hands on his bare chest.

"Uh, s-sorry." She quickly apologized and scrambled off of him. He rubbed the back of his neck and apologized a soft apology before picking himself off the tiled floor. "I-I should probably take a shower now. My hair is filled with cinnamon." She shook her head like a dog and a shower a cinnamon came down. Her face was smeared with cinnamon as she tried to wipe of the remainder of the substance, successfully getting it everywhere. Maka's hair was tinted a light red from the cinnamon.

"Yeah that sounds good." He turned away and blushed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maka changed into a over sized T-shirt and some shorts she found from her drawer. Her hair was slightly still wet that tumbled passed her shoulders in massive waves. She waltzed into the kitchen to find it clean, the pot put away and oatmeal sitting on the counter...with cinnamon spread across the top. She could smell it from here, it was a strong with a sweet side to the smell. Maka loved cinnamon not because it tasted great and added flavor to her unsavory porrage but because Soul smelled like cinnamon. Anytime Maka would lean against his embrace or fight or even meet in his head because of the black blood the atmosphere was filled with the sweet smell.

Maka ambled into the living room with the china bowl in hand. Her gaze landed on Soul who was sitting upright while watching T.V. on their couch. She walked over to the lounge and sat down next to him. Maka leaned aginst his tensed muscles and rested her head along his shoulder, she did this whenever she was upset of just needed comforting. Maka hid her small blush as she blew on her oatmeal and dug in.

"It's amazing, Soul!" She exclaimed. The oatmeal was more favorable then when she made it, which made her a little mad he was a better cook then her.

"Yeah? Thanks. Pretty cool right?" Maka giggled setting off the hue to form in Soul's cheeks.

They sat in silence after Maka finished her bowl. Her legs rested against their wooden coffee table that pricked at her fuzzy socks. "You know why I like cinnamon so much?" Her smile faded into an expressionless frown. Maka had always wanted to tell Soul her true feelings but she never had enough courage to explain in words. She decided this might be an easier way to explain to him.

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"Because it smells like you." She breathed. "And cinnamon is my favorite smell, you know?" She turned to Soul to see him with wide eyes. Maka blushed a dark red, that sentence may have come out wrong."N-not in a weird way-" Soul pressed his lips against causing her to shiver against his warm lips. The aroma of cinnamon filled Maka's nose as she took a sniff of air in. The cinnamon faltered down her nose and into her stomach that made backflips in her lower abdomen.

They soon pulled away for air. "Did you know that your my favorite smell too." He played with her hair that stretched along her shoulders. He was caging her with a hug and made circles around her back, taking in the moment so it would last forever and burn into his mind."You smell like strawberries. A sweet smell that every time I smell it I feel woozy."

"Not in a weird way or anything." He smirked at his miester as he pulled back from the hug.

Maka smiled at this and pulled him closer for another kiss. The first kiss couldn't compare to this but her lips still fit perfectly against her partners.

After what felt like hours Soul pulled away. "You taste of cinnamon though." He licked his lips and chuckled at his now red partner.