Business

Soul stared lazily at the computer screen. He brought his hand up and dragged it across his face. He'd been working for hours, being the boss of his company and everything. He rolled back in his roller chair as a slight knock came from behind the door.

"Yeah?"

"Mr. Evans?" A voice called from the other side. A girl, mid-twenties, walked in holding two cups of coffee. "I brought you a cup of coffee, no sugar."

"How did you know?" He smirked at her before she giggled and handed him a mug. The intern started for the door as she sipped her coffee. "Hey-" He motioned for her.

"Maka." She gave him a sweet smile.

"-Maka, I'd like to know if you'd want to go get some lunch with me. There's a coffee shop down the street. We've both been working hard and I need a unrelated work topic to talk about. Plus, i'll repay you for getting my drink." He holds up the cappuccino. The blonde looks like she's thinking if its safe, after all, she only just met him, even is he was her boss.

"Alright. Let me just grab my purse-"

"I'm paying."

"It's no trouble, it's only lunch."

"Nah, its cool. I got it." Soul insisted. He grabbed his wallet and keys. The intern walked behind Soul as they exited the building. She walked close behind him all the way to the restaurant, like she was scared or something.

Maka wasn't scared, she just felt safe close to her boss. Weird, huh? When they walked in the waitress smiled and asked how many.

"Two." Replied Soul. She nodded and grabbed two menu's.

"Follow me." She glided across the restaurant, which was surprising packed. Its about two so why is it so crowded? Usually people eat around noon.

Soul sat at the both across from Maka. They both scanned the menu's and ordered some drinks.

"So, Maka, right?" She nodded. "Tell me about yourself."

"Oh well right now i'm working on-" Soul chuckled.

"No, like you. Like your likes, dislikes, are you single? Are you taken? Are you married? Kids?" Maka giggled as Souls smirked and leaned back.

"Well I love to read, mainly at night and sometimes between breaks. I hate feet," she made a face, "and yeah, i'm single. Not married and no kids." She giggled. The waiter came back with their drinks and asked what they would like to eat. They both ordered a ham sandwich, Maka had mayo while Soul got ketchup.

"Well sometimes I like to play the piano." Maka leaned in, intrigued. "I don't really like indoors, rather be outside, ironic right?"She giggled. "Single, not married, no kids." Maka smiled and sipped her water.

The pair walked out of the restaurant, chatting about themselves, and exchaging numbers, just in case. They played games like would you rather and other childish games. When they arrived at the office Maka let out a sigh. She didn't want this day to end. It had been really fun with Soul.

"I should get back to work." She walked to her cubical. "Thanks for the really fun time, Mr. Evans."

"Please, Soul." He put up his hand as if saying stop. Maka giggled before turning into her cubicle and starting her work.

Soul walked into his office and sang a little. He hummed the words and mouthed the lyrics and occasionally let his voice shine. He didn't sing much but he was so happy after his lunch break. He flopped on his roller chair and spun it around to face the computer. His heart was still doing back flips from the lunch break. "Damn she was so cute." Soul said aloud. "Oh, well, it's just business." Soul thought as he leaned back. It's not like they would get close or anything.