Bars

Soul walked over to the bar across the street, sprinting across the street as a car honked at him. He yelled a few curses as they sped away. Soul shoved his hand in his pockets before walking into the bar. He watched as some college students ran around with drinks in their hand. The drink glasses were empty and they looked over excited to get another. As the kids ran a crowd had formed at the bar. Soul walked over to the crowd of people trying to get a glance at what the commotion was. He watched as a barista worked away, getting drinks, putting change away, and swaying those hips. Damn, those hips.

A kid about Soul's age pushed passed him to grab another drink.

"Oi, Maka. Get my drink." He called.

"Coming right up, Black*Star." She nodded and rushed to get a vodka soda. (Don't know anything). The girl came back with a tall glass filled with alcohol. "Here ya go." He smirked at her before running back to a girl with Raven hair. Soul was interested in this Maka.

"Hey." He called. "I'd like a bud light." She nodded before working away, the crowd slowly dying down as another group of baristas came to help.

"Here." She handed him his glass. She turned around clanking bottles and putting them away.

"Hey. Mind if you join me for a drink?" I smirked at her. Maka turned to face the boy and opened her mouth to reply but was cut off by another bar tender.

"Ew, no." Liz said, disgust in her voice. "Girls with hips like hers don't talk to boys with faces like yours." She looked him up and down.

"Liz! I'm sorry is loved to have a drink with you." She took off her apron wrapped around her waist. "I'm taking my five minute break, Liz." Soul was a little shocked. What just happened? He asked a girl on a semi date, gets insulted, then she takes up on his offer. Oh well.

They walked to a table across the dance floor. Music was blasting as the two sat in silence. Maka sipped her drink, the one she made before she left, as Soul eyed her.

"You like working here?" Dammit. So uncool.

"Uh, yeah. I guess so." She fidgeted in her chair. "I'd rather be an author though."

"That's a very different career path."

"It's not like I'd want to work here forever. Just gives me extra cash." She took another sip.

"You wanna dance?" He got up and held a hand to her.

"Uh, I'm not that great-"

"Come on, it'd be fun." Soul smirked at her before she giggled and took his hand. They walked to the dance floor and started to dance. And, oh god, Soul was lost in her movements. Her hips, back and forth, back and forth.

"Your a really good dancer!" He yelled.

"Yes! This is fun!" She screamed back.

"What?"

"What?"

"Do you want to go back?"

"No! I don't have to go to the bathroom!"

"What?" Soul was trying to understand what was happening so he grabbed her hand and pulled her to the side. "Dang, I inly got to see you dance for a few minutes." Maka blushed and looked over to Liz who looked like she was about to murder them.

"I got to get back to work. Thanks for a great five minute break." She giggled. Soul smiled and said, "anytime."

~~~~~Time Skip cause I don't feel like writing~~~~~~~~~

Maka dropped the big box down to the floor and wiped her sweat. She let out a sigh before trying to pick the box up again. Warm arms wrapped around her arms, lifting the box with them. Maka looked up to Soul who carried the box over to the counter. He returned and planted a quick kiss on the cheek. They still can't believe they got married last week, and got their very own bar of their own. Actually it wasn't just a bar, it was the club they danced to the night they met. Maka had became an author, like she always wanted. When she heard the bar was closing she decided to buy it. The place had an upstairs where, during the day was a library, kids books in the far corner. On the bottom was the regular, old bar they both decided to keep in business.

"Maka, can you grab that box?"

"Yeah. I got it." Maka chirped. Their house was only a few blocks away so work was never to far from their house. They loved it here. Maka got to write and read all day and party at night. Of course they had to work and Maka was still a barista at night. But it was all cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry this sucks. I thought it would be better. I'm just trying to update. I promise I'm working on better ones. Hopefully this one saves.

Love you~