Ruined Wedding

Soul's POV

There she was, beautiful as ever. Maka Albarn, my miester, was dressed in a white dress that tailed her and dragged along the floor, hooked arms with her father. Her eyes sparkled as her makeup was perfectly done by Tsubaki. She held a set of white roses and a beautiful ribbon wrapped around her waist. Beads lined down her dress as she flowed along the aisle. Our friends sat in the front pews; bridesmaids; Liz, Tsubaki, and Patti sat on the left, The groomsmen; Black*Star, Crona, and Kid lined the right.

Death leaned over next to me, book in hand, "Soul get ready to hold her hand and say vows. You did write vows?" I nodded, proud that I could do this for her.

Maka walked the remainder of the way by herself, clutching the small bouquet of flowers. As she walked past her bridesmaids she handed the small bouquet to Tsubaki. The friends gave quick glances before her eyes picked up and watched mine. Maka walked up the crimson steps, picking up her dress, as I lend her a hand. She gladly excepted and I lead her to her spot.

Shinigami-sama started his long gospel, welcoming everyone to the ceremony. All my focus was on Maka. She would occasionally look around at her friends, sending a stomach churning smile. Her hair was in an elegant bun with small tails that framed her face. Her makeup was brighter then when I saw her from a distance.

"Hey." I whispered to her. She gave a, 'are you serious, it's the middle of the wedding,' look. "You excited." Maka nodded her head vigorously before turning her head to Death.

"Maka would you like to say your vows first?" Death projected. Maka nodded before taking a deep breath and looking into my swirling orbs.

"Soul, I've know you since we were kids. Your not just my best friend but my roommate and partner. I couldn't imagine not being with you. I-"

As Maka began her final line the church started to shake. There was some screams as I wrapped my arms around my petite partner, protecting her. Tsubaki rushed to Black*Star in case of an emergency. Kid grabbed Liz and protected her with his body while she shook from behind. Crona held a sword in front of Patti, already in battle stance.

"Hello, dearies." A slimy voice called. "Anyone miss me?"

Blair jumped from the crowd of people. "It can't be..."

"Maka, we need to go. Kid hold her off, Crona and Black*Star make sure she doesn't-" A loud crash interjected his commands as a fairly tall women came down, along with the roof. More screams erupted from the crowd as Maka was shielded by Soul's body. Shinigama-sama had disappeared when the roof collapsed leaving the group to defend the people in the church.

"You bitch!" Blair screeched, lunging herself at the witch.

We all knew the attacker, she had come around four years ago, but Blair said she had taken care of her. The witch, Kristy, had gone to Blair's elementary school, who knew cats went to school? They had always fought and I guess Kristy was jealous of how Blair progressed with her magic. Kristy had tried to take Maka away to show she was the better 'witch,' showing she was evil and wasn't afraid of her. To the witch, Maka was some prize, a lovely miester at the mercy of a dog since I wasn't there to protect her, not that she needed protecting. There was no competition with Kristy, Blair wasn't a witch.

The witch had furry, brown and white ears fluffed along her head. Her attire was no less skimpy then Blairs, except a bright pink. A hat made of pink leather laced around her head.

Kristy twitched her head that was now face down on the floor being pinned by Blair.

"Maka! I've missed you? You know my offer still hangs, just you and me doing shows every Friday-" Her face was smashed to the ground.