Seeing the Unexpected

Maka swiftly cut through the swarm of people bustling around Death City.

She did it; she was finally home sweet home. And this time she wouldn't leave without a word.

Two years ago, about a month after their graduation, Soul and Maka decided to take on heavier tasks. They traveled to China and Australia, New England and Brazil.  Any place you can name, they've been there.

Though the times were great and light, Maka knew that there was something missing and she couldn't figure it out. Being alongside her partner was the only thing she craved more than anything and she wanted to find out why. Day after day, Maka would fight Kishins and glance at the white haired boy with sharp teeth. He would give her a smirk and a slap on the back for their accomplishment.

Maka then knew what she was craving--something more.

She wanted to be with Soul and not just the laying around the house on Sundays but, possibly, going on dates on Sundays. Living their lives, but not seperatly. Maka wanted so much more than to be just his partner.

She wanted to be his real soul mate.

Sadly, it turned out Soul wasn't on the same page. Maka has come home one night with a soggy umbrella and wet pigtails to whispers in the living room. She knew she shouldn't have dared listen in but she did.

"Rainy days are my favorite. Perfect for some...fun~" said a voice that Maka was unfamiliar with. There was some rustling before Soul came into view with messy hair, his jacket on the floor, and lipstick plastered on his lips.

He glanced in Maka's direction and his red orbs glowed with shock.

"Maka..." he said quietly, Maka pushing him away in shutting her door only to whisper "have your fun" before she disappeared.

That was the last time she saw Soul. He didn't show up for breakfast that morning. It seemed like he left in the middle of the night because there was no motorbike in the garage.

She wasn't upset. She wasn't upset.

She just walked in on her partner being seduced by some bimbo in Maka's apartment. Maka mostly paid the rent so it was her apartment.

So now, Maka Albarn had returned to Death City  in hopes to reconnect with those who she left behind. Her blonde hair was left in small waves, outgrowing her pigtails about a year before. She no longer had her plaid skirt rather jeans and a plain t-shirt. It was comfy and Maka could easily use a weapon if she wanted.

Familiar faces passed and seemed to brighten when they noticed the young scythe miester. She gave them quick smiles as she made her way to Tsubaki and Black Star's place for the night.

Maka was short on money right now. Considering she picked up and used all her savings to start a new life, she had fallen short a couple years off her prediction.

She wasn't sure why she came back. Maybe her feelings for Soul were too strong or she just missed her old life. Whatever it was didn't matter, because she was back in her old home.

Maka smiled and let the brisk air clash with her locks, the breeze feeling nice on her hot skin. It was now peaceful due to rush hour being over and Tsubaki lived in a more reserved area.

On her way she couldn't help but glance up at the old, brick apartment that laid upon another. She clutched her bag with a firm hand as she tried to steady herself. Her eyes scanned over the room she used to tell secrets to the girls and the room where her and Soul ate together. The windows were cleaned, recently, which made a pang hit her chest.