Gods

Maka pressed the palm of her hand against the glass, separating herself from all those evil. She was the happiness that dwelled in the clouds granting people's wishes. While her love roamed the underworld, trapped so he could never breathe the sweet earth air he longed for. The goddess was everything lovely and happy, compared to the blood thirsty god who sought revenge for his mutants of hate and anger. Yet, the god himself wasn't the worst of them all, he believed she was. Maka's loving ways and kind heart drew his mutants away from him.

A love-hate relationship.

The god, Soul, crossed his arms and tapped his foot angrily. There stood the women he despised, draped in a satin blue that hung to her heels. Her feet bare slid across the rough ground easily. Maka's hair tumbled down her back reflecting golden light from her blonde hair. Her eyes captivated a sage color that sent creatures running In Soul's opinion, she was to perfect. There she stood, both hands pressed on Soul's glass wall, it wasn't really his if he planned to destroy it. Maka's dress sent waves of light through his dark hell. She really did ruin everything.

Soul strolled over, hands in the pockets of his red dress suit, to the glass. Maka's face lit up and waved her right hand. Soul wrinkled his nose at her bubbliness. Why was she her this time?

"What are you doing here?" His voice muffled from the glass. She let out a giggle and pulled her hands behind her back.

"I came to see you, of course." Maka answered. Soul rolled his eyes. tired of her usual response. The goddess either came here to "see him" or "talk to him." Soul hated her petty excuses to leave her post. It gave Soul an advantage in breaking free, but with her so close, her innocence would purify him. Of course if the king of the underworld got purified a new would take his place, like a rebirth or reincarnation. Soul was sometimes grateful for the dumb wall.

"I told you: leaving your post lets your defenseless vermins helpless." Soul smirked earning another giggle from the heavenly god. "What's so funny?" His growl vibrated the glass. She waved her hands saying a faint "nothing" before pulling them behind her back.

The rest of the dreadful evening was spent how they usually spent their hang outs. Maka skipped around telling him about the world above. Soul, even if he acted like he didn't care, paid attention attentively. He despised the world above but hearing about it amazed him. The "creatures" there looked like them, humans Maka explained. They were weak but contained the special toxins known as feelings. Soul believed he had none, according to Maka he did. Maka also explained his mutants looked "zombie-ish" compared to humans.

"Zombies? Explain." Soul commanded now sitting on the floor, hands supporting him from behind. Maka locked eyes with him as she spoke, he hated that. The way her eyes scanned his always burned his ears turning them red.

"They're from movies in the human world. They have flesh that's on the outside and aren't to fast." Maka pulled a piece of hair behind her ear, giggling. Soul didn't find it funny,

"Tch, sounds pathetic. My creations are powerful and fast-nothing like your people's zombie movies." Soul pushed his nose in the air, proud of his creations and the knowledge of what a movie was. Maka had explained to him many times what movies were and other human devices. The god watched as her face lit up.

"Well then, we can see if their really that bad when I take you to see a movie." Maka giggled while standing and brushing of her dress. Soul raised his eyebrow,

"What are you babbling about? Will be movies still be around in, I don't know, a million years? I can't leave, Baka." Maka looked him in the eyes with her jade eyes flickering with excitement. Soul despised those eyes, they were everything he couldn't stand; love, happiness, and hope.

"It took awhile but I finally convinced the court to let you free." Maka smiled brightly at him. Soul stood astonished by her words. that wasn't possible, the council of gods would never let him go. He was a dangerous devil that would leak madness to the world, that must explain while she's always here, to keep him in check. So why would she, the god of everything beautiful, set a god of destruction free?

"That's not true. The council would never-" Maka held a small box with green lines engraved in the side. that box would bring the glass wall down when activated. In three days time, this hell would be released into the world of humans. "Why?" It escaped Soul's lips leaving him speechless.

"Because I love you." She smiled a warm smile before turning her heel. Soul's mind was blank, an empty hallow from the words she spoke. He knew she loved him, she told him everyday. This time, it felt different. The love he believed she felt was a type of fear, not actual love. But here she was, setting him free.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Soul."

But these feelings,

"When your free."

weren't fear or pain.

"Goodbye."

These feelings,

The goddess ran along the now light path. Her dress swayed to the side every pound her foot made.

made Soul want to lose his sanity.

Her light slowly dimmed as she faded into the world of light.

Because this feeling was love. It couldn't be understood by using logic or reason. The love Soul felt was for the girl he was supposed to hate. He couldn't let himself lie to himself anymore. Maka had done the impossible. Not setting him free or purifying him. Maka had captured the god's heart.